The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

10 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Eff that guy and RIP to the lady and her dog. Dude was going 157 in a residential with twice the legal BAAC. Toss him off a cliff for all I care.

Yeah this is extremely sad.

So ill responsible I have a hard time gathering compassion for Ruggs.

I know people, and it doesn't make it right, that drive sometimes after a few from the bar but a few with the fellas, not falling over and being normal still and the amount Ruggs blew for and the speed suggest a bunch of non-sense vs blowing some steam off with the boys.

This will always be a problem unfortunately. Young players with new found money, fame, and freedoms over reaching and costing someone else there life in this situation. Ruggs the football player was great, Ruggs the young man needs to grow up now and will pay for what he has done.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Yeah this is extremely sad.

So ill responsible I have a hard time gathering compassion for Ruggs.

I know people, and it doesn't make it right, that drive sometimes after a few from the bar but a few with the fellas, not falling over and being normal still and the amount Ruggs blew for and the speed suggest a bunch of non-sense vs blowing some steam off with the boys.

This will always be a problem unfortunately. Young players with new found money, fame, and freedoms over reaching and costing someone else there life in this situation. Ruggs the football player was great, Ruggs the young man needs to grow up now and will pay for what he has done.

I feel badly for the Raiders. They invested the 12th pick in 2020 on him and it’s now a wasted asset. 

Most NFL teams (including the Raiders) have a ride service. The league has a no questions asked program where the league will refund the cost of Taxi, Uber etc. Players just have to submit the receipt.

Mr. Ruggs will have a number of years to think about his actions. The Raiders will need  to replace another key member of the team. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Just wanted to share the news that another Lions fan has been brought crying into this world - just as he will be on Sundays for the rest of his life. My wife and I had our baby boy last night. 

Congrats man!!! Here's to health and rest to him and her! (And you too, I guess, unless you keep beating me this year.)

31 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Just wanted to share the news that another Lions fan has been brought crying into this world - just as he will be on Sundays for the rest of his life. My wife and I had our baby boy last night. 

Congrats sir. Make sure you pick him a good alternate team if he's to be a Lions fan!

• Like 1

Thanks fellas, appreciate it.

My "second team" tends to shift. Whether it's a key player, coach, etc. I tend to move in different directions with my heart and soul always focused on the Lions. I imagine that might be the case or the boys might find their own teams and the Lions will get pushed into the backseat.