The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

7 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Wonder if Yzerman will pull some magic and bring Eichel in.

He's spent two off-season's basically preparing for this kind of situation, Wings have money, players, picks, prospects. Not saying at all they're favorites but I think Wings are dark horse in this. It'll just depend on how much they actually wanna give up draft-wise, imo. 

It'll cost, Kids a top 5 center/player in the whole league though. Already signed.

The opportunity to add a player of Eichels ability doesn’t happen often in the NHL. 

He has increased his goal and point totals on a per game basis each year since he arrived in the league. 

In my opinion if Buffalo puts him on the market it would be worthwhile to pursue simply because it’s really hard to find players of his caliber.

Depending on what Buffalo prefers, 2 firsts, a roster player and two prospects. As part of the same trade I would try to get Hall provided he would sign an extension. The ONLY reason he signed in Buffalo is his relationship with Krueger and if the Sabres were to be entertaining these moves Kruger will likely be gone. I expect Hall will be moved at the deadline.

For the record I would be shocked if Eichel is moved. If the Sabres move him they might as well eat salary and trade Skinner as well.

• Like 1

Yeah idk if he's moved by the TDL, but there's an awful lot smoke from that camp. I'm actually going to be surprised if he's a Sabre in 2021-2022.

Sabres unfortunately might just need to rebuild/shake it up... they can collect a lot of assets moving guys like Hall, Reinhart, Staal at the TDL and Eichel now or in the summer.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2021/01/big-trade-coming-for-colorado-avalanche.html

Been waiting for goalie whispers.

I think either goalie could be had for Avalanches 1st round pick. No one really in the system to even pick up back up duty but who cares... maybe just resign Howard for 25 games as a back up.... lol. Depends who they really want, a lot of teams will take Av's 1st for their goalie.

C, Luke Glendening

RW, Bobby Ryan

LHD, Eric Staal

G, Thomas Greiss/Jonathan Bernier.

All on the rumor mill.

I was thinking after just coming across more and more information on CTE, should we rethink helmets even more?

Say we can put sensors on all sides, top, etc. That show the g's generated on hits. And find out the max for the human brain and have a tolerance of course. (pretty sure scientists and doctors would know already) But have it recorded each game. If a RB takes like 3/4 huge hits, you can see live updates on the g's he is absorbing and take him out of the game. Extend rosters from 53 (45 gameday I think) to 60-63 and 55 on gameday. Gotta save these guys brains somehow.. Right?

Top Bob Quinn lieutenants Kyle O'Brien, Jimmy Raye no longer with Detroit Lions

Kyle O’Brien and Jimmy Raye III, two of former Lions GM Bob Quinn’s top lieutenants in the personnel department in recent years, are no long with the team.

O’Brien was one of Quinn’s first hires, serving most recently as Lions vice president of player personnel. He was one of three in-house candidates who interviewed for the GM job after Quinn was fired in November, and previously spent 10 seasons working with Quinn with the New England Patriots.

BruisedPersonalAmericanpainthorse-size_r

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 11:09 AM, NFL_Fan said:

I was thinking after just coming across more and more information on CTE, should we rethink helmets even more?

Say we can put sensors on all sides, top, etc. That show the g's generated on hits. And find out the max for the human brain and have a tolerance of course. (pretty sure scientists and doctors would know already) But have it recorded each game. If a RB takes like 3/4 huge hits, you can see live updates on the g's he is absorbing and take him out of the game. Extend rosters from 53 (45 gameday I think) to 60-63 and 55 on gameday. Gotta save these guys brains somehow.. Right?

I'm not sure players have issue with the inherit risk or information coming out.

NFL has a problem with that information, cause mom and dads won't have children play football young. Highschool/College/Pro's likely lose some audience then. ( Already plummeting in most sports anyways ).

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I'm not sure players have issue with the inherit risk or information coming out.

NFL has a problem with that information, cause mom and dads won't have children play football young. Highschool/College/Pro's likely lose some audience then. ( Already plummeting in most sports anyways ).

Not just audience but also participants. They'd lose talented players to other sports like baseball, soccer, basketball. You need star power to get butts in seats (whenever that can still happen), sell tv ad space, merchandise, etc. 

On 3/7/2021 at 8:01 AM, SimbaWho said:

I mean rightfully so right? The school makes money in high school and college while athletes take years off their life..idk..I use to regret not being able to play my senior year but I am so happy I didnt play and moved on. I know I would never let my future kids play. and when I did play...they could care less who is hurt...

On 3/7/2021 at 11:52 PM, diehardlionfan said:

So, what are the Pistons going to do this time?

My guess is overpay on mid level free agents and hope they turn into stars but fail miserably and end up with the next version of Ben Gordon, Charlie V, or Josh Smith. 

What they should do is flip Grant for as many assets as possible, trade Plumlee, Ellington, Delon Wright, and Svi for anything they can and have a bunch of picks to rebuild over the next few years. That would help by letting the young guys play this year and likely lead to a better pick this and next year.  With the quality of draft class this year being significantly better than last year, it would greatly help the rebuild if we can get one of the top 2/3 players in this draft.  

• Like 2

On 3/9/2021 at 9:03 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

My guess is overpay on mid level free agents and hope they turn into stars but fail miserably and end up with the next version of Ben Gordon, Charlie V, or Josh Smith. 

What they should do is flip Grant for as many assets as possible, trade Plumlee, Ellington, Delon Wright, and Svi for anything they can and have a bunch of picks to rebuild over the next few years. That would help by letting the young guys play this year and likely lead to a better pick this and next year.  With the quality of draft class this year being significantly better than last year, it would greatly help the rebuild if we can get one of the top 2/3 players in this draft.  

Hey.... They're actually doing real basketball things. Weaver nailed his signings I wasn't impressed with in Grant/Plumlee.

Seddiq Bey...

But yeah they should trade about everyone they can, even Grant, just I'm not sold like everyone that's heard the Valenti show that it's sell now or bust on Grant. His value will only gain next year with his contract value, teams cap, so from now till maybe next years TDL you can wait for a trade you love. (IMO). The late late first round picks from Boston might not seem that valuable to a team like us with NO premium talent outside of Grant. An again, his cost adds more to his value.

I'm not saying you build around him, but if Pistons can pull off the 1st pick or at least a Cade Cunningham selection. They'll look good with:

Cade Cunningham

Seddiq Bey

Jerami Grant

Whatever draft picks we collect this year... lol. It's not a terrible foundation.

They should have trade interest in C Mason Plumlee, G Delone Wright, and SG Wayne Ellington. It'll be on Weaver if he wants to move them or likes the offers. Not over here shouting, "TURN AROUND" either yet but they're building some blocks it at least looks like. They better not go out and sign some seriously average dudes to big money long-term. I guess I don't care about 1-2 year deals but yeah, it'll be disappointing to see some signing for a guy like DeRozan signed here on a multi-year deal. Unless they make moves though I think they only have the " Mid-level, and Bi-annual" exceptions to sign players.

Edited by SimbaWho

On 3/8/2021 at 9:24 AM, NFL_Fan said:

I mean rightfully so right? The school makes money in high school and college while athletes take years off their life..idk..I use to regret not being able to play my senior year but I am so happy I didnt play and moved on. I know I would never let my future kids play. and when I did play...they could care less who is hurt...

Yes rightfully so if thats how you chose to raise your own child. It's true, and things are done different at least at lower levels now, but way more can be done. Like anything dangerous it comes down to choices, child's happiness/dedication. Football has serious injury's and consequences, so does dirt biking, surfing with sharks, horse back riding, etc, etc, etc. Becoming aware of those dangers and being responsible and safe is something that well, maybe we've lacked or just been ignorant about. We treat head hits/injuries etc, way different now. That's some progress. Maybe in the next 10-20 years we'll figure out less vs more players suffer from CTE cause of these practices now in place. But that takes time and data to prove a theory.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:43 AM, SimbaWho said:

Hey.... They're actually doing real basketball things. Weaver nailed his signings I wasn't impressed with in Grant/Plumlee.

Seddiq Bey...

But yeah they should trade about everyone they can, even Grant, just I'm not sold like everyone that's heard the Valenti show that it's sell now or bust on Grant. His value will only gain next year with his contract value, teams cap, so from now till maybe next years TDL you can wait for a trade you love. (IMO). The late late first round picks from Boston might not seem that valuable to a team like us with NO premium talent outside of Grant. An again, his cost adds more to his value.

I'm not saying you build around him, but if Pistons can pull off the 1st pick or at least a Cade Cunningham selection. They'll look good with:

Cade Cunningham

Seddiq Bey

Jerami Grant

Whatever draft picks we collect this year... lol. It's not a terrible foundation.

They should have trade interest in C Mason Plumlee, G Delone Wright, and SG Wayne Ellington. It'll be on Weaver if he wants to move them or likes the offers. Not over here shouting, "TURN AROUND" either yet but they're building some blocks it at least looks like. They better not go out and sign some seriously average dudes to big money long-term. I guess I don't care about 1-2 year deals but yeah, it'll be disappointing to see some signing for a guy like DeRozan signed here on a multi-year deal. Unless they make moves though I think they only have the " Mid-level, and Bi-annual" exceptions to sign players.

See, I am not as high on Grant as many.  Somebody has to score, so he is it.  But he doesnt elevate his teammates, or play great D, or have the ability to lead us to wins.  Which is exactly why I want to move him while his value is high.  If we add someone like Cade, Green, Mobley, Kuminga, or Suggs, his production will likely fall off.  He is a good deal for a contending team right now because they can get a 3rd piece for relatively cheap.  That would IMO mean that we need to ask for picks down the road in hopes they become valuable opposed to late firsts but I would even take some late firsts for him. 

I do like how he drafted.  I was annoyed we spent the resources in that weak draft to get extra firsts but Stewart and Bey are solid and I still have high hopes for Hayes.  I hope he can do it right next year as well as we should be higher and have a lot more potential for a star.  

• Like 1