The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

So Casey Mize and Tarik Skubal both made the opening day rotation.  The beginning of the rebuild is officially here.  Now hopefully we see Tork and Manning later this year and Greene next year.  

I am not sure Mize is ready, he got shelled in Spring Training but hoping it was because he was working on something specific and was easy for the opposing teams to identify but once he brings the full arsenal he will be ok.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

So Casey Mize and Tarik Skubal both made the opening day rotation.  The beginning of the rebuild is officially here.  Now hopefully we see Tork and Manning later this year and Greene next year.  

I am not sure Mize is ready, he got shelled in Spring Training but hoping it was because he was working on something specific and was easy for the opposing teams to identify but once he brings the full arsenal he will be ok.  

I’m not overly optimistic for the Tigers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I'm not for this year but it will be nice to have some young guys to make it worth watching every 4 or 5 days.  Skubal dominated Spring and earned his spot.  Castro and Paredes showed out last year and if they continue, will be solid infield pieces for a while.  Greene looks solid in spring training but is still super young and needs more seasoning.  Tork is a top 5 prospect in all of baseball.  Not to mention Manning is looking better after the injury and we have a top 3 pick this year.  We definitely wont win this year but have some nice pieces for the near future and they are starting to come up.  There are even secondary prospects that could be helpful like Dingler, Wentz, Meadows, Daniel Cabrerra etc that could be solid pros.  Definitely a lot to be optimistic about even if its not expecting big things this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm not for this year but it will be nice to have some young guys to make it worth watching every 4 or 5 days.  Skubal dominated Spring and earned his spot.  Castro and Paredes showed out last year and if they continue, will be solid infield pieces for a while.  Greene looks solid in spring training but is still super young and needs more seasoning.  Tork is a top 5 prospect in all of baseball.  Not to mention Manning is looking better after the injury and we have a top 3 pick this year.  We definitely wont win this year but have some nice pieces for the near future and they are starting to come up.  There are even secondary prospects that could be helpful like Dingler, Wentz, Meadows, Daniel Cabrerra etc that could be solid pros.  Definitely a lot to be optimistic about even if its not expecting big things this year. 

There are positives to be sure. I was hoping for more from Torkelson this spring. He’s young, it will take some time.

Its the young arms I’m most concerned about. 

19 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

There are positives to be sure. I was hoping for more from Torkelson this spring. He’s young, it will take some time.

Its the young arms I’m most concerned about. 

Skubal has been exciting. 3 runs allowed over 17 innings with 18Ks.  Mize had some struggles in Spring but was workign on a specific pitch which is easy to hit when the other team realizes you are throwing the same pitch over and over.  He has been lights out the last two starts.  I get both struggled last year in the majors but they came in from not playing all year, no minor league season and were thrown into a bad situation.  A lot of pitchers struggle at first and figure it out.  

Manning concerns me with the injury but he is still very young and will get his shot next year likely.  

Tork had a rough spring but its such a small sample size.  He will be fine.  He hasnt played in a minor league game yet to get his feet wet in pro ball so struggles were expected.  He doesnt have a history of being a high K guy so the hopes are once he gets comfortable he will stop trying too hard. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 12:35 PM, diehardlionfan said:

I'll care again when they actually "Try" and spend money on really good players again instead of just 1-2 yr deals with average/below average veterans.

Bad baseball is just the worst to watch idc what anyone says.

Also, it's a huge bias on my part but the league should help in anyway it can to get Mike Trout in NY/BOS/CHI/ATL. Gotta get him on a good team/into the playoffs. Angels are blowing it.

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 8:40 AM, SimbaWho said:

I'll care again when they actually "Try" and spend money on really good players again instead of just 1-2 yr deals with average/below average veterans.

Bad baseball is just the worst to watch idc what anyone says.

Also, it's a huge bias on my part but the league should help in anyway it can to get Mike Trout in NY/BOS/CHI/ATL. Gotta get him on a good team/into the playoffs. Angels are blowing it.

I can watch bad baseball as long as there’s players on the team having good seasons. Someone hitting a good number of HR’s and RBI’s or a pitcher racking up SO’s. 

Something to cheer about🤠

The Leafs have been busy adding to the roster. Foligno is a great add to that lineup.

• Like 1