Week 11: WFT vs The Bengals

MikeT14

I didn't notice the thread for the game week, and I am kind of cheating here because I didn't want to create a thread for this either, but...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/20/ron-rivera-we-would-have-taken-joe-burrow-if-bengals-took-chase-young/ 

Rivera said he wanted to draft Young because he thinks defense wins championships, but he was also very high on Burrow and would have taken him if the Bengals had taken Young.

“We feel like championships are won by playing good defense. We felt pretty strongly about him. The only other option we felt was a viable one for us was Burrow and obviously he was taken by Cincinnati,” Rivera said, via SI.com. “We think Joe is the full package. We really do. We think Chase is the full package. Depending on what Cincinnati did, that’s what we were going to do. The opposite. We didn’t think we would lose out either way. We really didn’t. We think both players are going to be great players and have great careers and we’re fired up that we have Chase.”

This probably isn't much of a surprise to anyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I didn't notice the thread for the game week, and I am kind of cheating here because I didn't want to create a thread for this either, but...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/20/ron-rivera-we-would-have-taken-joe-burrow-if-bengals-took-chase-young/ 

This probably isn't much of a surprise to anyone. 

I guess, but I sure wouldn't have said it out loud if I was Rivera, it does nothing but give the media something to talk about.

The Bengals D is something kind of awful,  but their O is something kind of special as long as their OL can hold up. Burrow has a plethora of weapons in AJ Green, Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins, Joe Mixon and Gio Bernard to throw to and Joe Mixon & Bernard are good running backs too.

I think our D can do decently vs them as we did vs the Lions - hoping for a better start than we’ve had most of the year for our defense! 

If our D can start better I think we have a chance but their O is going to be hard to stop.

Cincinnati: 27

Washington: 24

Mixon is out again, which will really hurt them against us given how we’ve played against the run. Gio is a solid, dependable veteran, but Mixon is a terrific runner. It’ll also be the Samaje Perine Revenge Game, which I’m sure makes us all shudder. 

Our DL shows up against poor OLs, and they’ll get one tomorrow. I suspect they’ll have a big day and will make things tough for Burrow. Cincy doesn’t really have a TE who can be a major outlet, so I’d expect their offense to look a lot more conservative than we’re expecting. A lot of Gio and Tyler Boyd, I’m betting. 

Their defense is pretty bad, and I don’t think they match up very well with us. Not much pass rush to expose our poor OL, and the LBs are gonna have a lot of trouble with the McKissic machine. Porous run defense, which I assume we’ll be attacking heavily in order to take advantage of our heavy handed guys on the OL. No one can cover Terry, so I don’t care who they have in the secondary. 

I think overall they’ve probably played better than us this year. But I think we present a bad matchup for them, with their biggest weakness (OL) pitted against our greatest strength (DL). I think Alex, especially under much less pressure than Burrow will see, will protect the ball better than the rookie and that will be the difference. 

WFT: 26

CIN: 20

• Like 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/two-washingtons-key-guys-may-play-different-roles-versus-bengals?utm_tags=nbcswash1556&mi_override_url=&mi_u=14E95B1B-A99B-48C5-BD69-75D398779E17

Moses to start at LT

Fuller will see some time at LT and how much depends on how the young safeties Apke, Curl and Reaves perform DelRio says.