2021 2 Rounder

carrolljcmc

5.  Atlanta Falcons  -  Trey Lance  -  QB  -  North Dakota State

This is a terrible pick. The Falcons aren't going to go with a QB, nor should they. Ryan has at least 4-5 good years left. This wouldn't make any sense. Go EDGE or S or CB here. Honestly, Rousseau or Surtain would be the best picks

37.  Atlanta Falcons  -  Chris Rumph II  -  OLB  -  Duke

This is pretty bad too. Falcons LBs are Foye Oluokun and Deion Jones. Both have been playing at a Pro Bowl level. Add in solid play from Mykal Walker as the third LB, and honestly, the Falcons real needs here are at EDGE defender and S. Though an OL Could also work, especially if he can play LG. I'd love to see Alex Leatherwood here. That being said, a RB could also be the pick. Najee Harris would be a steal here for the Falcons offense and could be the perfect RB to pair with Ryan through the end of his career.

I don't think that there is any way that Wilson falls out of the top 5-7, tbh. I think Trask likely goes in the top two rounds as well (maybe second round to the niners in this scenario). 

From the niners standpoint, would love Davis but Shanny doesn't value guards like that. If we draft interior line, it's going to be Creed Humphrey at center...who isn't in your first two rounds? Jaycee Horn is a great pick in the second round (though I still think that there is a high likelihood that the 49ers take a QB), and I think that he'd be in the running to go with our first pick to be honest. 

On 11/25/2020 at 9:21 AM, carrolljcmc said:

20.  Cleveland Browns  -  Carlos Basham Jr  -  DE  -  Wake Forest

45.  New England Patriots  -  Jay Tufele  -  DT  -  USC
51.  Arizona Cardinals  -  Dylan Moses  -  ILB  -  Alabama

52.  Cleveland Browns  -  Elijah Molden  -  CB  -  Washington

55.  Tennessee Titans  -  Rondale Moore  -  WR  -  Purdue

Basham fits the player and position. A+

Molden would be a fine pick in the second, though a small trade-up for Tufele would be ideal at 43 or so. Moses would be worth a trade-up as well, as LB is a bigger need them CB, which of course is still a need. Tufele fits what we need and rebuilding the d-line in one draft would be great. Also, if Rondale Moore is still available and you're not doing trades, I'd be tempted to take him. He'd be perfect to stretch the field and is there for if we move on from Beckham in a year. Nice work overall.

P.S.: Then give us Paris Ford in the third 😎.

Edited by NudeTayne

Bucs mock isn't great. DE in the first would be fine, but with Etienne still on the board I think his value is too good to pass on here. As far as WR in round 2, just no. Brady doesn't even throw to the ones we have now. OT to replace Wirfs on the right side (who should slide over to the left side) makes a LOT more sense here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Bucs needs are OL, DE, OLB in that order. 

I think that's a decent list. I think we should be more specific and say "tackle" rather than "OL". Whether we want to move Wirfs over to LT and replace him or just straight out draft a LT remains to be seen. Ali is all pro caliber, Jensen has been very good the last 2 years and IMO Cappa has made a huge leap this year and has arguably been our 2nd best lineman. I think you nailed it with the DL. I may also add a RB to that. I have liked what I've seen from Vaughn, but he's kind of been an afterthought. Who knows how long Fournette and McCoy will be around. RoJo needs a solid running mate who can catch. And at some point we are going to have to address QBOTF. I'd rather get that taken care of while Brady is still in town so he can take whoever that is under his wing.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 10:57 AM, scar988 said:

This is pretty bad too. Falcons LBs are Foye Oluokun and Deion Jones. Both have been playing at a Pro Bowl level. Add in solid play from Mykal Walker as the third LB, and honestly, the Falcons real needs here are at EDGE defender and S. 

Rumph is listed as an OLB but he's more of an EDGE guy in a 3-4. Excellent pass rusher.

On 11/25/2020 at 12:50 PM, INbengalfan said:

Nice effort, but a hard NO from this bengals fan.  Passing on Sewell would be neglect.  Even before the injury, Burrow was getting hit 10+ times a game.  While I would love to have Chase in stripes and continue the Joe-JaMarr connection, we can't continue trying to piecemail the line in front of him.  Sewell has to be the pick.

In the second, they either go OG or DE, but I'm basing that on them keeping William Jackson and MacKenzie Alexander.  If we don't CB is a strong possibility.  But with both lines needing so much help, I think they need to focus there and keep who they have at DB

Yeah, that is a fireable offense no matter how good Chase is, unless there is a Trent Williams type of guy out here, you 100% take Sewell

• Like 1