Week 12 - Rams vs 49ers

RamRod

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

New England is the only defense that worries me (because of Belichick). McVay better cook something good up for that game. Frankly, outside of San Francisco and Miami, Goff has performed well on the whole this year. Those defenses had our number. I wish he didn't turn into a turnover prone mess when he really struggles, but hopefully, he's gotten those games out of his system. 

I admire what you’re saying but the dude has 10 turnovers in the last 4 games 

he’s tied second in the league with Cousins in turnovers committed. Right after Wentz. 

Something I do take away from all this is that his turnovers aren’t consistent. They come in bunches. 

He needs to show more mental toughness 

4 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I admire what you’re saying but the dude has 10 turnovers in the last 4 games 

he’s tied second in the league with Cousins in turnovers committed. Right after Wentz. 

Something I do take away from all this is that his turnovers aren’t consistent. They come in bunches. 

He needs to show more mental toughness 

7 of the 10 came in the two games against SF and Miami, which is my point. 

16 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Hope you guys are watching MNF so you can actually see what Horrible Quarterbacking actually looks like 

Wentz looks awful. The wrs are bad and they can’t seem to do anything.

With that Eagles d line I’m shocked Russel hasn’t been pressured as much either

6 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Franchise QBs never should never even be considered of being benched by even the media. 

The same media that was trying to plot Cousins to the Rams as soon as he was able to hit the FA market from Washington just because of the connection with him and McVay. The media never really gave or give Goff credit. When he does great it’s always “oh look how brilliant McVY is” and when Goff does terrible it’s “have you considered benching Goff”. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The same media that was trying to plot Cousins to the Rams as soon as he was able to hit the FA market from Washington just because of the connection with him and McVay. The media never really gave or give Goff credit. When he does great it’s always “oh look how brilliant McVY is” and when Goff does terrible it’s “have you considered benching Goff”. 

Because McVay is brilliant.

And you have to wonder if the Rams could of won the SF game if they had a QB who didn't turn the ball over.

That's why those things are said.

7 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Franchise QBs never should never even be considered of being benched by even the media. 

First of all, the media is there to get a sound bite. They aren’t some kind of authority. And plenty of Franchise QBs have been suggested to be benched in their careers, many times over. 

If McVay had said that he actually considered it, then we could have a conversation about it, but he flat out said that was never an option. So you are blowing something completely out of proportion. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RamRod said:

This was the bad miss to Henderson but also look at how wide open Woods was. The fact that we got nothing out of this play is a bad look for Goff.

Yeah, I'll always defend him when I feel like he's being criticized unfairly, but this is unacceptable. That was a great route by Henderson and should've been an easy 6. I'm fine with him having a bad game every once in a while, but a miss like this should never happen. 

I honestly think that he's going to step up to the challenge after Mcvay's comments, but we're just going to have to wait and see.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I couldn't give less of a crap what the media says.

16 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Yeah, I'll always defend him when I feel like he's being criticized unfairly, but this is unacceptable. That was a great route by Henderson and should've been an easy 6. I'm fine with him having a bad game every once in a while, but a miss like this should never happen. 

I honestly think that he's going to step up to the challenge after Mcvay's comments, but we're just going to have to wait and see.

Misses like that happen to every QB. Jennings was right. Goff should have lofted it more. Oh well.

• Like 1

Anyone else see a pattern in Goff as the season progresses?

Sept + Oct: 23-7

Nov + Dec: 17-12

Sept+ Oct TD/INT: 49-20

Nov+Dec TD/INT: 51-26

Slight uptic in INT's and the W/L column has a larger disparity. Starts seasons strong and fades. But obviously what matters most is the playoffs. I think we get to the post season. I think Goff can win us games on the road if necessary. I think we match up better with GB/SEA/Bucs. NYG gave us a hard time, but Im really not fearful of the NFC East. I'd like to see how we play vs Ari before I pass judgment. And Saints I'm a little nervous for, but Ramsey should be able to lock down Thomas. 

• Like 1