ESPN another bad move, Wingo

m haynes

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I do...

Ya I still have a land line and full cable. Sorry let me correct that MY WIFE has the prehistoric package!!!!!!! Wife, "I have to watch my shows."  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

ESPN isn't a money maker. It was artificially propped up by the fact that it got put in certain cable packages that people wanted and once people had the option to pay less without ESPN, they took it. The demand was never there. Anybody who even slightly cares can go on Youtube and watch daily clips about topics they like. It's criminal how much such a money suck has been able to artficially dominate an industry

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

ESPN isn't a money maker. It was artificially propped up by the fact that it got put in certain cable packages that people wanted and once people had the option to pay less without ESPN, they took it. The demand was never there. Anybody who even slightly cares can go on Youtube and watch daily clips about topics they like. It's criminal how much such a money suck has been able to artficially dominate an industry

Live sports has kept them on life support.

They made a really terrible decision choosing the nba over the nfl.

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

ESPN is washed and on the decline

It's because they try to be more than a sports network. Politics and Social Justice stuff is all fine, but not on a sports network. They went super political during an election year and it cost them half, or actually more than half of their ratings (which is common sense if you go political, happened to the NBA too). You are a sports network. I doubt they will ever get those viewers back.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It's because they try to be more than a sports network. Politics and Social Justice stuff is all fine, but not on a sports network. They went super political during an election year and it cost them half, or actually more than half of their ratings (which is common sense if you go political, happened to the NBA too). You are a sports network. I doubt they will ever get those viewers back.

I'm sorry but this is just not true. Sport's overall, including NBA have plenty of viewership. It's why they still get huge tv contract money, endorsement money, sponsor money, etc... from executives who understand that. With all the streaming platforms moving eyes from being captured under Nielsen's format of counting viewship.

ESPN is losing viewership because they just dont have good content and their content is very stale. They don't have anything fresh.

That boycott bs is all talk online, most boycotters never boycotted anything. It was online talking trying to posture under a frail movement... unless they boycotted watching TV altogether.

6 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I'm sorry but this is just not true. Sport's overall, including NBA have plenty of viewership. It's why they still get huge tv contract money, endorsement money, sponsor money, etc... from executives who understand that. With all the streaming platforms moving eyes from being captured under Nielsen's format of counting viewship.

ESPN is losing viewership because they just dont have good content and their content is very stale. They don't have anything fresh.

That boycott bs is all talk online, most boycotters never boycotted anything. It was online talking trying to posture under a frail movement... unless they boycotted watching TV altogether.

Lol it definitely has to do with politics. The NBA lost half their viewers this season and record-low ratings compared to the other sports. I believe the NBA Finals Ratings were down 70%. And the NBA is going to struggle to get those viewers back. ESPN ratings have been sinking for a while, but this year they basically crashed, and that's because they went full Political/Social Justice. They knew the gamble they were taking and did it anyways. When you go political, you will lose half your viewers, this is common sense. This is why most companies stay completely clear of politics, and anything that has anything remotely to do with politics. It's a horrible business move. Why do you think Webby doesn't allow political discussion? Because it'd be a completely chaotic warzone, and one side would eventually leave completely. It's the super smart business move to not allow any discussion on it what so ever.

You go political, you lose half your base, end of story. We can agree to disagree.

(And no it has nothing to do with COVID, UFC who stays completely clear of politics was breaking ratings records this year, and NFL has stayed pretty steady).

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1