ESPN another bad move, Wingo

m haynes

ESPN needs to own the rights to broadcast more NFL games. Pay whatever it takes.

There’s no excuse for a channel that’s entire purpose is to cover sports, but doesn’t have much nfl broadcasting capabilities.

They’ve gambled and prayed that the NBA would be a competitor and it hasn’t worked. Just a terrible business decision. The NFL has proven it can survive anything thrown at it.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

ESPN needs to own the rights to broadcast more NFL games. Pay whatever it takes.

There’s no excuse for a channel that’s entire purpose is to cover sports, but doesn’t have much nfl broadcasting capabilities.

They’ve gambled and prayed that the NBA would be a competitor and it hasn’t worked. Just a terrible business decision. The NFL has proven it can survive anything thrown at it.

They can't even afford Wingo, they ain't ever gonna take NFL from the free channels. I don't know a single person that has cable anymore. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

They can't even afford Wingo, they ain't ever gonna take NFL from the free channels. I don't know a single person that has cable anymore. 

You’re right. Unless you’re big into college sports, you don’t need cable.

I think personalities like Wingo should go into the booth. As long as sports exist, there will always be announcers and color commentators.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think people like Wingo making big money are gonna end up being squeezed out due to watching habits changing.

They need to get into announcing games. The money for that will ALWAYS be there. Doesn’t matter how the digital / viewership model changes.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

You must not know a lot of people or are very young.

Cord cutting is a lot more prominent now with streaming and is only going to continue to take away from the # of cable subscribers, but its not there yet.

2018 2019 2020  2021 
Pay TV Households 90.3 86.5 82.9 79.4
Non-Pay TV Households 36.0 40.2 44.3 48.3
Cord Cutting Households 18.3 21.9 25.3 28.6
Cord Cutting Adults 33.0 39.3 45.0 50.2
OTT Viewers 170.7 182.5 191.5

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You must not know a lot of people or are very young.

Cord cutting is a lot more prominent now with streaming and is only going to continue to take away from the # of cable subscribers, but its not there yet.

2018 2019 2020  2021 
Pay TV Households 90.3 86.5 82.9 79.4
Non-Pay TV Households 36.0 40.2 44.3 48.3
Cord Cutting Households 18.3 21.9 25.3 28.6
Cord Cutting Adults 33.0 39.3 45.0 50.2
OTT Viewers 170.7 182.5 191.5

yup I know less than 4 people

• Like 2