Week #12 General Discussion

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And that happens with any player, all the time. If you are a backup player, that draws superrrr media attention, GOOD OR BAD, teams are not gonna want any part of it. It’s a distraction. Kaepernick is no exception. 

The reason Kaepernick’s became a big deal is because SJ stuff eventually became super political (not trying to turn this into politics). 

Yes, teams have never decided to sign players that got a lot of media attention, positive or negative, before.

9 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Starters, backups, rotational players, etc.

Name some notorious backup players that have gotten anywhere near the level of media attention Kaepernick has gotten pre-signing. No backup player is remotely close worth that distraction.

34 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Nah. It's against the rules for good reason.

Yeah I’m right there with you. Feel bad for them but then I remember it’s the Broncos and I laugh that a WR played QB for a game.

Reminds me of the Tebow days.

Edited by Chiefer

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Name some notorious backup players that have gotten anywhere near the level of media attention Kaepernick has gotten pre-signing. No backup player is remotely close worth that distraction.

I can see that you are going to just move the goal posts no matter what I say, so what's the point. You have no interest in actually having other players that have generated massive media scrutiny for potentially negative reasons pointed out to you. You're setting it up so that it can't possibly be any other player that fits your criteria other than Kaepernick, so have fun.

Edited by DannyB

5 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I can see that you are going to just move the goal posts no matter what I say, so what's the point. You have no interest in actually having other players that have generated massive media scrutiny for potentially negative reasons pointed out to you. You're setting it up so that it can't possibly be any other player that fits your criteria other than Kaepernick, so have fun.

What a scapegoat answer....

You failed to name one because there isn't one. No backup player has ever received anywhere near the media attention as Kaepernick pre-signing. Kaepernick, being a backup caliber player, is not worth the distraction. And that goes for any backup caliber player.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What a scapegoat answer....

You failed to name one because there isn't one. No backup player has ever received anywhere near the media attention as Kaepernick pre-signing. Kaepernick, being a backup caliber player, is not worth the distraction. And that goes for any backup caliber player.

siggggggggh, jesus...

The quick and dirty answer is mike vick and tim tebow, for different reasons. There, I'm done, bye.

2 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Are we ever going to recognize that Kap continues to be black balled by the NFL when they continue to put garbage QBs on the field?

There seems to be nothing anyone can say or do to dissuade those of this narrative.   The NFL even took a historic unprecedented step of organizing a workout for this man.  All he had to do was show up and follow a few simple and fair rules like - you know - go to the correct stadium where the scouts were waiting.  What did he do?  He turned it into a circus and pissed all over it.

Do you realize how many worthy hard-working guys are sitting at home right now who would love for Roger Goodell to personally intervene on their behalf and set up a tryout with NFL team scouts?  That is a legit once in a lifetime opportunity.   But nope not good enough, he's still being "blackballed" or something.

Give me a break. 

• Like 2

For my next Dylan Spit Hot Fire take, that is so extreme no one will even think of agreeing with me, Kyler Murray has been annointed way too early. If you want to crown him, then crown his ***. But also you shouldn’t because you’ll have at least a 47.4% chance of being wrong. You can add Kingsbury to that as well. 

Edited by EvilenFroggen
  • Like 1

At least Kaepernick stands up for the rights of Chinese children in Shenzhen sweat shops (by not wanting Kaepernick you are all showing your true colors. These kids deserve the right to make a maybe-wage. You KNOW who you are.). Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. Shame.

Edited by NudeTayne

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

At least Kaepernick stands up for the rights of Chinese children in Shenzhen sweat shops (by not wanting Kaepernick you are all showing your true colors. You KNOW who you are.). Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. Shame.

What does that have to do with being on a football team?