2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

8 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Everything I've read has been that Mobley has looked outstanding so far. Cunningham, Green, Mobley and Kuminga seem like "the guys" from what I've read but admittedly I haven't watched much. I want to get back into college hoops this year. 

I love Kuminga's game. He's like a mix of Pascal Siakam and Kawhi Leonard. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Emoni Bates is a generational talent, Ziaire isn't even the best prospect in his own class, lol. 

Bates is in the MPJ, Melo, Danillo Gallinari mold than a generational talent. 

Dudes who aren't good passers or high impact defenders are almost never among the best players in the NBA. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Bates is in the MPJ, Melo, Danillo Gallinari mold than a generational talent. 

Dudes who aren't good passers or high impact defenders are almost never among the best players in the NBA. 

He's like 15 years old, lol. Dude is a KD clone. 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's like 15 years old, lol. Dude is a KD clone. 

He's about to be 17 in a month. I dont have an actual take on him tho lol. I dont watch HS bball. Tho the draft ppl I follow make fun of ppl who think he is a KD/Lebron/Zion level prospect. 

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

He's about to be 17 in a month. I dont have an actual take on him tho lol. I dont watch HS bball. Tho the draft ppl I follow make fun of ppl who think he is a KD/Lebron/Zion level prospect. 

He's an amazing prospect and will be a force end on both ends. I also love AJ Griffin as a prospect as well he's going to be a very good pro and possibly the #1 pick in 2022. 

Only 3 games in but I am confident Isaiah Jackson for UK will be a top 20 pick in 2021. Was buried behind Clarke and Boston in terms of hype from this 2020 UK class, but he's 6'9 w/ a 7 ft wingspan and supreme athleticism and has been the best freshman so far. There is no discernable skill to his game on the offensive end yet but I don't think that will stop GMs from taking him on as a project and hoping he at least contributes as a rim runner and paint protector early. He is very similar to Jaden McDaniels in terms of physical profile, and while McDaniels tried to play as a wing all season to mediocre results, and comes into the NBA with no identity or clear direction (still went in the 1st based on physical measurements), Jackson looks like he will carve out a niche as an elite shot blocker and rebounder this season. His 2nd bounce is crazy so even when he looks like an undisciplined freshman out there jumping on pump fakes, it hasn't mattered.

23 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Top 5 prospects for me (very early) would be: 

1. Cade Cunningham | PG | Oklahoma State

2. Jonathan Kuminga | F | G-League

3. Jalen Green | SG | G-League

4. Evan Mobley | C | USC

5. Jalen Suggs | PG | Gonzaga

Mobley just looks like he gets it.  I’d last to FF three years and see what he can do with some bulk.