Week 13: VIKINGS (5-6) vs Jaguars (1-10)

swede700

13 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Bisi and Beebe really played well in the passing game. I’d like to see some 4-WR sets the rest of the year. I feel like we have a very solid 1-4 and could create a few mismatches. 

Will that not put extra pressure on the line to protect Cousins?

22 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

Will that not put extra pressure on the line to protect Cousins?

In theory, yes, as they may not get as much RB/TE help. All depends on the play call and how they fill out the 4WR formation. Is there a TE? Is the TE in-line next to a tackle or flexed out? If no TE there has to be an RB. Is the RB soley pass blocking, flexed out, or are they chipping and releasing into the flat or running an angle route over the middle.

Then again, the defense has to account for the 4WRs and RB/TE so they might only rush 4 and drop 7 in which case it is 5OL vs. 4DL. 

Hopefully Cleveland is back this week. 

• Like 1

Jaguars fans are in the same boat we were in about a month ago, namely, they are hoping to tank for a Top 2 pick in the draft.  We just need to hope our guys in purple come in here and give Jags fans what they so dearly desire - a big "W" to add to their collection for this year.  They have a good running back.  If we can contain him, we should be able to pull this out.  They have some talented receivers, but they just benched Gardner Minshew, so we will be facing the guy who was riding the pine during the days of Minshew Mania.  I really like Minshew, and was hoping he would succeed in the league.  It looks like they are going with their #2 for this game, so let's hope he plays like #2.  :D

Vikings - 31
Jaguars - 10

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I was always a big Jerry Ball fan!  I actually thought about buying the big guy's jersey, but we got rid of him before I could.  He was a huge, Pat Williams type, who was surprisingly quick getting through the line and getting to the QB.  Being a "somewhat large" person myself, I've always had a soft spot for the big guys out there.