Malfatron

winner  

23 members have voted

1. 1. winner

• seahawks
    • eagles
    • tie

Just now, jrry32 said:

It's the QB position. You have one, or you don't. There is no in between. Wentz is 6'5" with mobility and a rifle. He's a former #2 pick. He posted 81 passing TDs to 21 Ints in 40 games between 2017 and 2019. Somebody would give up a first for him. I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots maneuvered to give up first round value for Wentz if he were available. 

I wish we could find out. I'm just not on board. If you told me day 2 pick, I think I could agree that it was be feasible. But man, a first? I just don't see how that happens with as bad as he is. And it's not based on the team...I mean, independently he's just been bad. 

Though "first round value" is something that you and I could maybe find common ground on. Something like an early third this year and a conditional second next year is nearly or a mid second this year with a conditional 3rd next year. Best value I see coming along is Alex Smith trade and that's me really, really pushing it. LIS, maybe 5th is hyperbolic, but there's a lot of room between the two of those. 

Just now, Forge said:

I wish we could find out. I'm just not on board. If you told me day 2 pick, I think I could agree that it was be feasible. But man, a first? I just don't see how that happens with as bad as he is. And it's not based on the team...I mean, independently he's just been bad. 

Though "first round value" is something that you and I could maybe find common ground on. Something like an early third this year and a conditional second next year is nearly or a mid second this year with a conditional 3rd next year. Best value I see coming along is Alex Smith trade and that's me really, really pushing it. LIS, maybe 5th is hyperbolic, but there's a lot of room between the two of those. 

If he were playing well this year, he wouldn't be available. The question you have to ask yourself is do you have a better option. If no, you gotta pony up. Let's say you're a team picking in the mid to late first round with no QB. What option do you have? Make a deal for late first round value, and take your chances. Wentz has played well in the past.