Bucketheadsdad

Who wins on Sunday?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Sunday?

• Browns
    • Titans
    • Hornby
    • Jimmy Truckstop, who is happy to have a "home" game
    • Those of us who go to bed early, as it looks like it isn't getting flexed.
  2. 2. Knowing that both clubs rely heavily on the run, and the clock will be RUNNING, when does this game end?

• 2:45
    • 3:19
    • 3:47
    • 4:00
    • Going to OVERTIME!

4 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

13 years since a winning season. Y'all on here truly deserve this. I dont post as much as most of you but this is a hood feeling man. Congratulations to us and hope this is a true stepping stone and not a fluke like 2007.

@TypicalBrowns10 and the rest of the forum right now

tenor.gif

Edited by NudeTayne
*except bruce
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Pretty sure there also will be Browns' detractors who will focus on how the Browns almost snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Yeah I'm sure every fan base has them.. lol

The only thing we can hang our hat on is that we turned the ball over 3 times today vs only 5 for the season. 
I would warn you all that the offensive performance has a hint of "really this good" to it there because every QB we face looked like a HOF QB. 

Not to down him, but I don't think Baker is a 4 TD in a half type guy.
But our defense sure is a allow a 4 TD QB in a half type defense.

So I'd maybe subtract about an 100 yards and a TD mentally from this performance. Our defense is that bad. 

I'd walk away from this more impressed by his decision making than his stats,  just being an observer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

The only thing we can hang our hat on is that we turned the ball over 3 times today vs only 5 for the season. 
I would warn you all that the offensive performance has a hint of "really this good" to it there because every QB we face looked like a HOF QB. 

So I'd maybe subtract about an 100 yards and a TD mentally from this performance. Our defense is that bad. 

I'd walk away from this more impressed by his decision making than his stats,  just being an observer. 

He had a great half. Since the top 5 guys haven’t done that this year (should have been 5) I think we are ok. He’s really getting comfortable in this offense. 

Plus everyone here wants chubb and Hunt to score 5 TDs most game lol

• Like 1

Just now, JDD said:

He had a great half. Since the top 5 guys haven’t done that this year (should have been 5) I think we are ok. He’s really getting comfortable in this offense. 

DPJ, Landry, Hollywood, Chubb and Lamm(!) all get the TD. Nice spreading the love.

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

You’re right. He is a 5TD in a half kind of guy. Stupid DPJ dropping that easy score. 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Funny part becuase he is literally that guy 

3 minutes ago, JDD said:

Yeah  definitely walk away thrilled with Baker and the play calling today. Nothing but encouraging. He didn't make any mistakes today at all. 

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think its a bit of both. Baker is good for 2-4 type of these performances per year. Where he looks like he just snapped into a Slim Jim and makes you second guess everything you have seen from him the previous 3 weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think its a bit of both. Baker is good for 2-4 type of these performances per year. Where he looks like he just snapped into a Slim Jim and makes you second guess everything you have seen from him the previous 3 weeks.

Or maybe he's just getting better?

He had a great performance against the Bengals, followed by three games where the passing game was going to be struggle no matter who the QB was due to **** weather. Then he had a good game vs. Jacksonville minus 2-3 bad misses, and today he absolutely balled out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Or maybe he's just getting better?

He had a great performance against the Bengals, followed by three games where the passing game was going to be struggle no matter who the QB was due to **** weather. Then he had a good game vs. Jacksonville minus 2-3 bad misses, and today he absolutely balled out.

True, those 3 games in the weather really sort of blurred everything people perceive the Browns to be because they were forced to do 1 thing and 1 thing only for multiple weeks because the weather.

The common trait when Baker does have these games is the opposing defense has no pass rush. His 2 best games of the year came against 2 teams where @AkronsWitness would come off the couch and be the leading sack artist on the team if he wanted to after a couple Busch Lites. I would single handedly upgrade both teams edge rushing ability tomorrow. 

I just need to see him do a 4 TD performance against a team that has a formidable pass rush just one. One time, thats all I ask to be sold. O N E time. Give it to me.

Edited by AkronsWitness