Bucketheadsdad

Who wins on Sunday?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Sunday?

• Browns
    • Titans
    • Hornby
    • Jimmy Truckstop, who is happy to have a "home" game
    • Those of us who go to bed early, as it looks like it isn't getting flexed.
  2. 2. Knowing that both clubs rely heavily on the run, and the clock will be RUNNING, when does this game end?

• 2:45
    • 3:19
    • 3:47
    • 4:00
    • Going to OVERTIME!

15 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

stefanskis post game speeches are just reading off a stat sheet lmao

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Lol

I don’t think he’s a rah rah guy. I just think he’s just an extremely smart dude.

TBH, we should all be unbelievably excited that our nerds just found a way to hire a great nerd that our team balls out for. Hail Stefanski, King of the Nerds!

original.gif

8e1c1e57c94c4a8f80d5c3a07a774ae9.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Im glad, ran rah ish gets old.

The secret to "rah rah" is only using it a handful of times a year...and the same holds true for the "screamers". It loses it's impact/ceases to be special, so picking and choosing when to motivate or yell is key.

We have a coach on our staff who is good for one blowup a year. He's very quiet, a definite teacher, and when he comes unglued, it's the most effective 5 minutes/fallout in the second half you'll ever see.

The same goes for your high energy rah rah types. 

Every profession in this country values consistency over all else...it's the best sustainable business model. Coaching/working with people is no exception.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The secret to "rah rah" is only using it a handful of times a year...and the same holds true for the "screamers". It loses it's impact/ceases to be special, so picking and choosing when to motivate or yell is key.

We have a coach on our staff who is good for one blowup a year. He's very quiet, a definite teacher, and when he comes unglued, it's the most effective 5 minutes/fallout in the second half you'll ever see.

The same goes for your high energy rah rah types. 

Every profession in this country values consistency over all else...it's the best sustainable business model. Coaching/working with people is no exception.

Exactly, it can be a tool, but you can’t just yell and try to run a football team like it’s Cobra Kai or some ish.

The overly emotional rah rah guys end up alienating just as many as they motivate with their antics.  If your most effective form of communication is screaming profanity making blood vessels pop out of your head, you’re not very good at that part of your job.

It’s one of the many reasons I didn’t like Gregggg.  Communicate, discuss, work on finding solutions, teach, etc.  Thinking you can just yell at someone loud enough that they can avoid mistakes through sheer adrenaline and humiliation is idiot logic imo.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Exactly, it can be a tool, but you can’t just yell and try to run a football team like it’s Cobra Kai or some ish.

The overly emotional rah rah guys end up alienating just as many as they motivate with their antics.  If your most effective form of communication is screaming profanity making blood vessels pop out of your head, you’re not very good at that part of your job.

It’s one of the many reasons I didn’t like Gregggg.  Communicate, discuss, work on finding solutions, teach, etc.  Thinking you can just yell at someone loud enough that they can avoid mistakes through sheer adrenaline and humiliation is idiot logic imo.

It's like I tell my students/athletes. There's a difference between "criticism" and "constructive criticism".  Gregggggggg's whole false bravado schtick may work/resonate with a few, but it gets old and most people eventually see through it entirely. TBH, that's why a good amount of your best coaches worked their way up from position coach/coordinator and why a good amount of former NCAA coaches fail. While you have some major exceptions of success like Jimmy Johnson, it's worth noting that those who succeed are generally the best teachers (Jimmy Johnson's reputation and stories as a teacher at the U are legendary for what it's worth). It's also why so many D-II and NFL backup caliber position players like quarterbacks/linebackers make the best coaches. They never had those physical tools to succeed in the league, so they had to be really smart/hard working and great at communicating to make up for those deficiencies, whereas a lot of your "great" players fail as coaches because they expect everyone to possess elite physical/processing tools, and so things often get lost in translation.

Grown men don’t really need rah rah at all IMO. Cool for HS but definitely not the League. At that point, these dudes should be self-motivated if they are any good and if they aren’t self-motivated they are motivated by money. At this level it’s about how good you are and whether you execute a scheme. Nobody out there is running through a brick wall, so to speak. Not to say there isn’t an effort factor but you are going to see a higher level of effort by any good team out there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Grown men don’t really need rah rah at all IMO. Cool for HS but definitely not the League. At that point, these dudes should be self-motivated if they are any good and if they aren’t self-motivated they are motivated by money. At this level it’s about how good you are and whether you execute a scheme. Nobody out there is running through a brick wall, so to speak. Not to say there isn’t an effort factor but you are going to see a higher level of effort by any good team out there. 

If you can't get motivated by millions of dollars and the desire to be great, then an overweight/past his prime coach yelling a bunch of motivational quotes probably won't check many boxes for you.

23 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah you’re not going to give a bunch of “F*ck Bud Kilmer” speeches to pros and get results.

Just so your job well and treat people like adults.  Either they perform or you need to find someone who will.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 12:21 AM, Rod Johnson said:

Didn't we pick up Derrick Willies again?  I like that guy.

We did but he wasn't active.

Right now hes a PS guy.

I wonder what we're going to do with Hall and Willies.  I assume WIllies stays on the PS and Hall gets Taylors playing time

You can't have a motivation method that is going to work on everybody.

For those that are self motivated you don't need anything. They aren't likely going to be tuned in to your method much because they are already motivated. Probably best to not annoy them with your method but otherwise very limited impact on those guys. Ideally everyone would be self motivated but that isn't realistic. Between Pride, desire to be great or just a competitive nature I would imagine a majority of the team is self motivated. I don't think money is a motivator, at least not once they get paid.

For the rest, you could bring in guys who respond to your method, like Gregg Williams, Mangini or Parcells.

Otherwise I guess you just mix it up a bit.