NFL Suspends Josh Gordon Indefinitely (Again)

AFlaccoSeagulls

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Not sure why people are so passionate about this. Yep, he's had struggles.

I'm sure he will help a little down the stretch and in the playoffs. He usually stays in good condition.

I think we’re all just a little curious why the historically incredibly strict (often times unfairly so) NFL is all of a sudden giving concierge service to a dude who’s thrown it away over and over. I get and feel for the addiction and the depression, I understand why TEAMS keep taking a chance on him, but I don’t get Goodell’s part in all of this. 

Edited by EvilenFroggen
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, pf9 said:

The NFL needs to send a message and ban Gordon for life. By reinstating him again, they are sending the wrong message.

A lifetime ban for some weed and drinking alcohol?  That seems a bit extreme considering what other players get away with off the field. 

21 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

A lifetime ban for some weed and drinking alcohol?  That seems a bit extreme considering what other players get away with off the field. 

A lifetime ban for violating the rules multiple times. So what if they’re stupid?  This could be for wearing red when you’re supposed to be wearing white. It’s still insubordination.   Let’s say one day the NFL wants to implement some new non-violent rule. How can they?  Gordon proves you don’t have to follow them. Rules are objective, meaning context is irrelevant. The NFL has  famously adhered to this. But then one guy came along and the NFL was all “you know what, our 110% adherence to rules was dumb. We’re going to give you another chance.”  And then this guy spit in their eye MULTIPLE TIMES. How come he’s special?

Not to mention the PED suspension. 

9 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

A lifetime ban for violating the rules multiple times. So what if they’re stupid?  This could be for wearing red when you’re supposed to be wearing white. It’s still insubordination.   Let’s say one day the NFL wants to implement some new non-violent rule. How can they?  Gordon proves you don’t have to follow them. Rules are objective, meaning context is irrelevant. The NFL has  famously adhered to this. But then one guy came along and the NFL was all “you know what, our 110% adherence to rules was dumb. We’re going to give you another chance.”  And then this guy spit in their eye MULTIPLE TIMES. How come he’s special?

Not to mention the PED suspension. 

How is he special? The only reason Ray Rice is out of the league is because no one would sign him. He is eligible with the league. 

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

How is he special? The only reason Ray Rice is out of the league is because no one would sign him. He is eligible with the league. 

TEAMS won’t sign him because of the PR nightmare. The League reinstated him because it was a single offense. Gordon is up to what, five?  Six?  I don’t care if it was jaywalking, guy deserves nothing. 

5 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

TEAMS won’t sign him because of the PR nightmare. The League reinstated him because it was a single offense. Gordon is up to what, five?  Six?  I don’t care if it was jaywalking, guy deserves nothing. 

So you think multiple pot violations is worth a lifetime ban but physically beating your wife isnt? That equates for you? You can keep saying this 'jaywalking' and rules are rules diatribe but at the end of the day different rule breaks have different consequences IN ALL THINGS. I have jay walked more times than Josh has gotten suspended for pot, maybe I should have a lifetime ban from walking on sidewalks... smh