2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

18 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Call me crazy but I'd rather take a chance on Slater and have a dirt cheap option@LT over resigning Williams. 

Dirt cheap option at LT makes me wince. That's one position that you don't go dirt cheap on, if you can help it. If we somehow don't get Williams back, I'm all for taking Derrisaw at 12. The interior has to be upgraded, no doubt. But if it comes at the expense of Williams, I have a hard time seeing the justification.

• Like 2

You know what I could see KC do? Trade for Orlando Brown. I mean, I'd easily give up pick 31 for him. He's cheap this year (rookie deal, even if you give him an extension the only thing that hits this year is the pro rated signing bonus). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm still fuming we didn't find a way to keep Williams around. Thought he had potential.

Daryl Williams was never on the Niners. Darrell Williams Jr. was. It looks like he saw action in 7 NFL games in his career. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

You know what I could see KC do? Trade for Orlando Brown. I mean, I'd easily give up pick 31 for him. He's cheap this year (rookie deal, even if you give him an extension the only thing that hits this year is the pro rated signing bonus). 

That'd be a huge win for KC IMO. Brown has been very good since coming into the NFL and made the transition to LT seamlessly. I have my doubts that #31 would be enough to pull him away from Baltimore though. 

Just now, GW21 said:

That'd be a huge win for KC IMO. Brown has been very good since coming into the NFL and made the transition to LT seamlessly. I have my doubts that #31 would be enough to pull him away from Baltimore though. 

You're probably right, though I think that's a fair starting off point. Seems like Baltimore is fully interested in moving him as from what I can tell, they are engaging in the talks. I know that multiple teams are in on him though, so it could get costly in a hurry. 

I wouldn't put too much stock in the source, but posting just because I could see this being true. There were already reliable reports that people were calling about him. We need another WR, we know we had interest in him during the draft, and we have a solid relationship with Bill. So this wouldn't surprise me at all if it did happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Maiocco on his latest podcast says he thinks we'll keep Williams. In fact, analysing Williams comments on Richard Sherman podcast, he believes "its all but a done deal". 

If we keep Williams, do we still go OL in the 1st? 

See Maiocco's article below

He also predicts we keep Verrett & Juice. Thinks we'll lose everyone else.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2021-nfl-free-agency-predictions-where-49ers-top-players-will-land

Edited by 49ersfan

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in the source, but posting just because I could see this being true. There were already reliable reports that people were calling about him. We need another WR, we know we had interest in him during the draft, and we have a solid relationship with Bill. So this wouldn't surprise me at all if it did happen. 

Harry for 3rd rd comp pick? Or too much compensation for what he has shown thus far? 

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

See Maiocco's article below

He also predicts we keep Verrett & Juice. Thinks we'll lose everyone else.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2021-nfl-free-agency-predictions-where-49ers-top-players-will-land

I'd be fine with it. I wouldn't mind it if we even part ways with Verrett and went after William Jackson.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Harry for 3rd rd comp pick? Or too much compensation for what he has shown thus far? 

I was thinking more like a 5th? Maybe he gets a 4th because people were interested. But he's had 2 years and been a disaster. Zay Jones showed more than he did by this point and got a 5th. We couldn't trade Pettis. Corey Coleman got a 7th I think. All guys who I believe were trade around the same time of their rookie deal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

yeah that's too rich for me....

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was thinking more like a 5th? Maybe he gets a 4th because people were interested. But he's had 2 years and been a disaster. Zay Jones showed more than he did by this point and got a 5th. We couldn't trade Pettis. Corey Coleman got a 7th I think. All guys who I believe were trade around the same time of their rookie deal. 

Yeah, maybe for our 5th compensation pick instead! Lol. 

• Like 2