The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

13 hours ago, G said:

Bah Hum BUG!!!

Join me on the DARKSIDE, Where one can rule the galaxy as the Supreme Leader...

So sayeth the Sheepard...SO SAYTH THE FLOCK!!!

Or just tell me to get the FLOCK out of here.

Oh I'm losing it without drinks... I smell a 72 hour hold in my future. 

You were the chosen one!

I'm much more positive about the Raiders than I am with everything else.  It's one relationship that I know will last my entire life.  Lol.

Question...

We all know Gruden loves veteran players that are 'grinders' or whatever name you want to call them.  Gruden guys.  Savvy, gamer type, Gruden guys.  

Has anyone thought that DC MIGHT have just turned in to that over the past three seasons?  So, we're so busy looking back at the Gannon era and that was JONs guy.. but is it possible that over the course of this process that Derek has become exactly what Gru wants?  

At this point, DC know the playbook inside and out.   He seems to have backing from the FO even though EVERY SINGLE off season we go through the same thing with this 'trade Carr' BS.  I think its time to realize that maybe, just maybe DC is our guy going forward.  We built a competitive offense.  Time to see a competitive defense on the field, and if results to follow, its on everyone.  Not just Grudock or DC, all three.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 1

I thinks it’s pretty clear that Carr has all the support from the team. I accepted that he will be the QB going forward last season. I can dream about them going after Russell or Watson but those are just pipe dreams. 

Like Waller said this morning red zone offense needs to be better. Way to many TDs are left on the field every Sunday. That’s on Carr and I think the ceiling for this offense is a top 10 scoring offense cause how up and down he is in the red zone. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I thinks it’s pretty clear that Carr has all the support from the team. I accepted that he will be the QB going forward last season. I can dream about them going after Russell or Watson but those are just pipe dreams. 

Like Waller said this morning red zone offense needs to be better. Way to many TDs are left on the field every Sunday. That’s on Carr and I think the ceiling for this offense is a top 10 scoring offense cause how up and down he is in the red zone. 

That's on playcalling, the WR's dropping passes/not being able to get open, and DC.  Shoot, there are many factors that go into the issues our team has with their ability to score in the red zone.  You can blame the running game and the OL's mediocre run blocking as well.

6 hours ago, Jerry said:

That's on playcalling, the WR's dropping passes/not being able to get open, and DC.  Shoot, there are many factors that go into the issues our team has with their ability to score in the red zone.  You can blame the running game and the OL's mediocre run blocking as well.

Yeah when your run game isn’t powerful / good in short distance and your play calling is centered around Jason Witten as a 3rd TE.... it’s clearly not alL on Carr.... but some is.

he’s got to get more aggressive in the RZ.  We can live with 3+ TDs over FGs to every INT that takes 3 points of the board.

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Are you forgetting how mediocre the run game was this year without Richie? When you have to get 1 dimensional in the RZ, it makes it harder to score.

14 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah when your run game isn’t powerful / good in short distance and your play calling is centered around Jason Witten as a 3rd TE.... it’s clearly not alL on Carr.... but some is.

he’s got to get more aggressive in the RZ.  We can live with 3+ TDs over FGs to every INT that takes 3 points of the board.

Agreed.  Carr and the team as a whole just need to get better.

When people see that I want Carr back, they shouldn't mistake that for meaning he can't and shouldn't play better. He can and should. But Gruden needs to help enable him to do so. And he needs to take better care of the ball regarding fumbles. They weren't all his fault but they can cost you a game.

On 3/4/2021 at 2:30 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

When people see that I want Carr back, they shouldn't mistake that for meaning he can't and shouldn't play better. He can and should. But Gruden needs to help enable him to do so. And he needs to take better care of the ball regarding fumbles. They weren't all his fault but they can cost you a game.

There’s a big majority of people on this board that can’t comprehend the complexity and context of someone’s opposing viewpoint.  

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 6:15 PM, bucksavage1 said:

Heard Peter King say that Raiders as an organization is treading water. 7 and 8 wins is a mediocre below average team.  Best thing to do is shake up the team and make a bold move like getting Wilson.

You are what you are in this league. Almost beating someone don't matter. The wins vs the good teams dont mean anything because we were still bad. 

Big difference when Wilson walks into the building and says I'm here for Super Bowls. Carr may say that but tough to get behind him with no playoff games under his belt

I would normally agree with that statement, I think a 7-9 or 8-8 team for back to back years is worse than being 4-12 for back to back years. However I think our situation is better than 500ish teams. We had 7 new starters, Abram, Kwiatkowski, Littleton, Arnette, Collins and whoever was the starter at FS. A DC who I think we all can agree wasnt the right person for the job. Most of the starter were VERY young in terms of starts, Mullins, Abram, Arnette, Kwiatkowski, Crosby(who played hurt) and Ferrell. All this on top of a limited offseason played a major roll in lack of production from the defense. Just my opinion.

On 3/4/2021 at 11:30 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Carr hasn't been great in the red zone but Gruden's personnel and play calling in the red zone have been absolutely horrible as well. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 9:23 AM, Totty said:

Question...

We all know Gruden loves veteran players that are 'grinders' or whatever name you want to call them.  Gruden guys.  Savvy, gamer type, Gruden guys.  

The fact that we're reportedly in no hurry to sign him to an extension leads me to believe that he's somewhat on the hot seat. If we collapse again in 2021 and miss the playoffs, I doubt that Carr will be back in 2022. 

Mayock's recent praises can be seen two ways. On one hand he may actually love Derek Carr and believe that he's a top 10 QB. But on the other hand if we are exploring a trade for Wilson, boosting Carr's trade value with positive comments to the media helps our chances of making a deal happen. 

I personally wouldn't consider Carr a "gamer" after he and the team have absolutely collapsed down the stretch when we were in position to earn a playoff spot. 

On 3/4/2021 at 8:45 AM, Jerry said:

Agreed.  Carr and the team as a whole just need to get better.

I'm not a huge Carr guy but 2020 was his best season statistically and we ranked 8th in yards per game and 10th in points per game. IIRC in the games we won our defense allowed 24.9 ppg and in the games we lost we allowed 36.1 ppg.