Bears/Lions GDT 12/6/20

Heinz D.

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Fire everyone please

I wonder if ownership will wait until the team is mathematically eliminated, or even the very end of the season (assuming that's the classy move, like with Trestmann). 

It would be satisfying if they cleaned house tomorrow...but then the team might start winning again. So, I'm torn. 

13 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I wonder if ownership will wait until the team is mathematically eliminated, or even the very end of the season (assuming that's the classy move, like with Trestmann). 

It would be satisfying if they cleaned house tomorrow...but then the team might start winning again. So, I'm torn. 

They'll win one more time this year: vs Jacksonville (although JAX has been competitive this year). No reason to be torn. It's time to Patricia/Quinn these 2 dopes

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

They'll win one more time this year: vs Jacksonville (although JAX has been competitive this year). No reason to be torn. It's time to Patricia/Quinn these 2 dopes

giphy.gif

They deserve it, sure. But I can see that actually boosting the team. Keeping Nagy around is the same as tanking, isn't it?

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Im not convinced that they beat the Jags.  5-11 is a very real possibility IMO.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Saints, Seahawks and Green Bay have run away with this conference

Im almost never like this but Im in the blow it up and get the best pick camp.

I always hated the Trubisky pick and I just plain dont like Pace.

Yet you "wouldn't doubt" that they'd win 12 games this year despite a crappy QB and GM. Interesting

5 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Im not convinced that they beat the Jags.  5-11 is a very real possibility IMO.  

Right now, I'm looking at it as a probability. The defense has given up. 

3 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I always hated the Trubisky pick and I just plain dont like Pace.

Pace has done some good things. But the bad things have brought the Bears' misfortune to a critical mass. He absolutely has to go. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yet you "wouldn't doubt" that they'd win 12 games this year despite a crappy QB and GM. Interesting

Foles is a better quarterback than Trubisky. The line just regressed, even before the Daniels injury. And Foles isn't mobile enough to play well with a crappy line. This season held a lot of promise. But everything fell apart. 

I was really agianst the Mack trade initially because of how badly we got burned by Cutler, but then he played like a generational player.

He’s now back to a good player who is just a piece. Having those picks would have really helped us built a pipeline of talent.

Giving away picks rarely works unless you’re drafting a QB.

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Right now, I'm looking at it as a probability. The defense has given up. 

Pace has done some good things. But the bad things have brought the Bears' misfortune to a critical mass. He absolutely has to go. 

One big mistake will do him in. It’s really that simple IMO.

Saying he’s good at picking second round Talent when he missed the QB is like a husband saying to his wife he throws out the garbage on time when he cheated on you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah I didnt doubt it, last second loss to the Saints, last second loss to the Lions, could easily be 7-5

I dont get trying to shame somebody for being optimistic haha.....such a dumb brag as a fan of the team that you were always skeptical

Edited by MonserinNC

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

I was really agianst the Mack trade initially because of how badly we got burned by Cutler, but then he played like a generational player.

He’s now back to a good player who is just a piece. Having those picks would have really helped us built a pipeline of talent.

Giving away picks rarely works unless you’re drafting a QB.

It would have worked if Trubisky turned out to be a franchise QB. 

We played real good offense for once.  Montgomery was a beast, our run game in general, where was this all year?  Trubisky was good until his second strip sack in the last two games.  Our D was not good for the second game in a row.  Better than against the packers, but the lions without their top WR again and RB we should have won by at least a TD.  Our offense is better with Trubisky, but he'll be gone after the year.  Our O-line is better the last two weeks.  But we took a page out of the lions playbook and shot ourselves in the foot to lose.  May as well tank the season and get a top 10 pick.  Who to take between Trey Lance, Zach Wilson and Kyle Trask, hopefully our front office is taking notes on these guys as we speak

2 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Yeah I didnt doubt it, last second loss to the Saints, last second loss to the Giats, could easily be 7-5

I dont get trying to shame somebody for being optimistic haha.....such a dumb brag as a fan of the team that you were always skeptical

They beat the Giants

They also beat the Lions and Falcons "last second" so if we're going to brag about last second losses let's not forget the last second wins, specifically the 2 against awful teams