Jalen Hurts named Starting QB (Week 14)

Jroc04

13 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Funny was just saying this to my friends. Doug is definitely gonna come up with a bunch of new stuff and adapt to Hurts. He was stuck on stupid with Wentz. Hurts forces him to change it up

Of course doug has to change the offense his offense doesnt fit hurts. 

49 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Of course doug has to change the offense his offense doesnt fit hurts. 

His offense didn't fit the current roster constructed around Wentz, so why change now  for Jalen? Hes the better QB right? Make it work like you force Carson to do? Dont adapt and change now like a mitch!

Seriously what does Hurts do that Wentz can't,  Physically? If you say scrambling around Wentz could run for 70 yds a gm too if asked but with his injury history,  that was never going to happen. They wanted to protect him to much to a fault.

So Hurts running around like college wont be a concern because Doug won't care. Only singular difference between the two and without a doubt Pederson's playcalling come Sunday, watch!

Edited by Nabbs4u

13 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Didn't watch it but I highly highly doubt this. He never came off that way in college or being drafted here with a QB in place. I assume you love Wentz

Pretty sure this is the guy who said he wouldn't be an Eagles fan anymore if the team gets rid of Wentz. Imagine being so attached to an awful QB that you would root for injury just so he can play. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Pretty sure this is the guy who said he wouldn't be an Eagles fan anymore if the team gets rid of Wentz. Imagine being so attached to an awful QB that you would root for injury just so he can play. 

Aww man that's rough lol. Wentz gonna have to retire one day. Seems like it'll be sooner vs later. He better start getting use to him not being around here soon enough at least

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Obviously  but I meant more so being creative vs we've seen for years now. Almost like a Foles 2.0 change. 

Imagine taking that concept and applying it to all QB's, not just the back ups? Novel concept I know but Doug's to smart to cater to Wentz strengths, rolling out, throwing on the move ect. 

Backup Syndrom,  its coming.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Aww man that's rough lol. Wentz gonna have to retire one day. Seems like it'll be sooner vs later. He better start getting use to him not being around here soon enough at least

It blows my mind how many people love Wentz so much they put him above the team. They will blame every single person top to bottom before they ever blame Wentz. They would rather see Wentz play well and the team bad than the team play well and Wentz play bad. It is bizarre. Wentz has to be one of the most loved/hated sports figures of all time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Man you get a sneak peek at the naughty list? Why so sour? 

It really pisses me off how we try to find scape goats every year.. last year the scape goat was a few cuts mid season like Zach brown and then decided to fire Groh. fine whatever. We go into 2020 with no real improvement at OC and then have similar slow starts that have plagued us for the past 3 years and let's not forget to mention the constant injuries. That right there tells us there is either a coaching issue or personnel picking issue i.e Doug and Howie. Howie has missed more than he has gotten a pick right - he put together and old and expensive roster and his past two recent screw ups were JJ > DK and Reagor > Jefferson. Doug has emerging talents like Fulgham and Miles but starts Alshon over Fulgham and makes Wentz throw with no running game to keep defenses from bull rushing the depleted line. We are 3-8-1, why are we so set on finishing off the year strong when we know we will get pummeled in the playoffs and be stuck with a mid round pick that Howie will screw up... The change needs to be Howie and if Doug refuses to re do his coaching staff since we are simply unable to develop talent other than at the OL position, then he needs to go too.

We all know and agree on what i said above, but what do the Eagles do? They decide to bench Carson because the offense isn't moving... If Jalen Hurts wasn't mobile, how many plays would he have made? Isn't it the coaches job to scheme for the players they have??? And doug has the nerve to say they have to be more balanced with Hurts... where was the balance when Carson was in there?