Week 14 Post-game: NFC-N champs best NFC-N chumps

mikebpackfan

Positives

-road win in the division is always great

-offense clicking for the most part, DA/MVS/Lizard/BBT looking very sharp.

-Crosby can kick and tackle still

Negatives:

-King covering

-lack of pass rush at times

-STs (outside Mason)

-why don’t we play Vernon Scott more?

Godawfulness:

-King tackling. 
-that last sack of Rodgers. 

Just now, mikebpackfan said:

-why don’t we play Vernon Scott more?

Closes too fast and doesn't let receivers catch the ball.  Pettine would prefer to bend a little bit more to tire out the offense so when the team is only up by 10 points he can let them score once before stopping them to make himself look more important. 

Positives:

Running game was relatively strong at the end of the game

MVS had really good hands today

Adams being Adams

Rodgers being Rodgers

Tonyan continuing to make plays

Dean Lowry sightings?

Amos smashing people

Negatives:

Kirksey missing tackles 

Sully/King getting picked on 

Special teams being not so special again

Pass rush going AFK at times

Based on what I can tell, if we go 12-4 and the loss is to Tennessee, we would still land the #1 seed assuming NO loses to KC. Every scenario that I've come across on the ESPN playoff machine has the Packers winning the 3 way tie with 12-4 New Orleans and a 12-4 NFC West champ, regardless of whether it's LA or Seattle. Even if NO goes 11-5, we still win the tiebreaker over the 12-4 NFC West champ. Basically, we're in the driver seat, flat out, for the bye.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Based on what I can tell, if we go 12-4 and the loss is to Tennessee, we would still land the #1 seed assuming NO loses to KC. Every scenario that I've come across on the ESPN playoff machine has the Packers winning the 3 way tie with 12-4 New Orleans and a 12-4 NFC West champ, regardless of whether it's LA or Seattle. Even if NO goes 11-5, we still win the tiebreaker over the 12-4 NFC West champ. Basically, we're in the driver seat, flat out, for the bye.

Which is all you can ask for....Gives you a sense of control and is helpful in keeping the team focused and goal oriented....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

Just now, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Just glad to see the team playing with purpose....Hopefully MVS has exorcised his demons....Tonyan and Lazard were contributors....Downside, we let the Lions hang around....But they're a divisional foe who always play well against us.... 

MVS's problems are 100% mental.  You saw it on that TD grab where he bobbled it.  He's afraid of the drops.  It's very similar to Davante's early seasons.  I promise you it is going to click for MVS and then it'll be like 1950's HUAC hearings around here.

Are you now or were you ever an MVS doubter? 

He's going to break out in a big way. 

I mean... The dude's got 600 yards and 5 touchdowns on 31 receptions, 59 targets.  That's 10 yards per target.  How me and like five other people here have faith in him is beyond me.

People still believed Jeff Janis was going to break out in his fourth year when he had 15 career regular season receptions and a single touchdown, so why the majority seem to have given up on MVS is beyond me. 

If he gets the confidence and starts coming down with catchable balls, Aaron's 2011 season will look like his 2014 season in comparison. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Hopefully nothing too serious

Him closing on his prey on that sack was a thing of beauty. Fought off the chip and the block, got around the corner and just went for it. I don’t know if he got dinged laying out for the sack but we was dominating that play. Get well soon, Rashan.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah I've been getting the same results too. Here's hoping, best case scenario, GB can go into Week 17 knowing that they don't need to win to secure the 1 seed. Would be great if they could rest guys instead of having to play on that atrocious Soldier Field turf vs a Bears team who is only playing to beat GB and lay some big hits on their skill players

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

MVS's problems are 100% mental.  You saw it on that TD grab where he bobbled it.  He's afraid of the drops.  It's very similar to Davante's early seasons.  I promise you it is going to click for MVS and then it'll be like 1950's HUAC hearings around here.

Are you now or were you ever an MVS doubter? 

He's going to break out in a big way. 

I mean... The dude's got 600 yards and 5 touchdowns on 31 receptions, 59 targets.  That's 10 yards per target.  How me and like five other people here have faith in him is beyond me.

People still believed Jeff Janis was going to break out in his fourth year when he had 15 career regular season receptions and a single touchdown, so why the majority seem to have given up on MVS is beyond me. 

If he gets the confidence and starts coming down with catchable balls, Aaron's 2011 season will look like his 2014 season in comparison. 

Agree it's mental, but if Rodgers and MLF aren't ready to give up on him,  he should move past the rough stretches with flying colors....