2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I would sign Sherman as a nickel corner and have him play exclusively outside. He might like the load off late in his career.

Hasn't Sherman played pretty much exclusively on the outside? Why would you sign him as a nickel corner where he'd be tasked with covering slot guys when his bread and butter has been outside CB in a cover 3? 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hasn't Sherman played pretty much exclusively on the outside? Why would you sign him as a nickel corner where he'd be tasked with covering slot guys when his bread and butter has been outside CB in a cover 3? 

Nickel corner means the third corner in. Slot corner is the inside corner. I would start Arnette on the outside in base and bring Sherman in on nickel and bump Arnette inside.

Edited by Rich7sena

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Nickel corner means the third corner in. Slot corner is the inside corner. I would start Arnette on the outside in base, and bring Sherman in on nickel and bump Arnette inside.

I'd like to sign Sherman to start opposite of Mullen and play Arnette exclusively in the slot. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ideally we'd draft Moehrig or Grant in the 1st/2nd and sign Sherman. 

Then we'd start Mullen and Sherman on the outside, Arnette at slot CB, Abram at SS, and Grant/Moehrig at FS. With Joseph and Heath rotating in at safety. 

Sign Sherman, Moehrig in the 1st, and trade up in the 2nd to 37-38 for a RT like Cosmi. I'd give up a third and fourth pretty easily. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Sign Sherman, Moehrig in the 1st, and trade up in the 2nd to 37-38 for a RT like Cosmi. I'd give up a third and fourth pretty easily. 

Yeah I'm actually not down on the 2nd tier of OT's. That being said, I'd like to trade down to get Moehrig/Grant (the staff's preference maybe?), but we can use those picks as ammo to move up on day 2 for another impact defender/an OT.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah I'm actually not down on the 2nd tier of OT's. That being said, I'd like to trade down to get Moehrig/Grant (the staff's preference maybe?), but we can use those picks as ammo to move up on day 2 for another impact defender/an OT.

Yeah I don’t think a good OT falls to 48. But I’d have Cosmi still in that first tier. I think one of them makes it to that 37-40 range. 

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. 

A secondary of Mullen - Arnette - Sherman - Abram/Joseph - Moehrig/Grant doesn't look terrible. 

43 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I'd still like to see us sign an OT before we get to the draft. Dennis Kelly would be nice.

I’m on record for wanting us to sign Kelly before the draft too.  He could start if needed but is also a very good swing tackle.  I’d prefer to go into the draft with as few starting spots open as possible.

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Ideally i think we trade back from 17 to someone like GB at 30 and pick up 2.62 and 4.143.  
Then if needed trade a 3rd to move up from 48 to secure whatever OT that remains that we like best.

On 4/10/2021 at 4:35 AM, jimkelly02 said:

Ideally i think we trade back from 17 to someone like GB at 30 and pick up 2.62 and 4.143.  
Then if needed trade a 3rd to move up from 48 to secure whatever OT that remains that we like best.

My ideal trade situations would be: 

#17 + #48 to New York for #23 + #34

or

#17 + #48 to Jacksonville for #25 + #33

• Like 1