2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

18 hours ago, reddevil said:

I’m still all in on JOK. Having Abram  and our current LBs wouldn’t stop me from drafting him. I think you can put him in at SLB and keep him on the field on every down, in the slot - wherever. He’s dynamic, aggressive, fast and a playmaker. Everything we have lacked for an age. The definition of a modern defender to play against modern offenses 

You pick him and you move the other players around to make space. If that means Abram or Morrow’s roles are reduced, then so be it. 

216-218 SAM LB?   He ain’t setting the edge... hed get steamrolled... he’s gotta be a will IMO 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Ive always thought that we used him wrong even before Paul Gunther. They basically put them out so much strong safety because of how hard he heads when really he should’ve probably been playing free safety because of his size and range. I wouldn’t mind bringing him back at all.

cut Richard, and sign Joseph to a 1y 3m deal. He's not a savior, but he plays like a warrior. Hopefully our scheme and pass rush is better. He wasn't even bad his last year, just got hurt. seemed like one of the few defenders worth a darn 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

cut Richard, and sign Joseph to a 1y 3m deal. He's not a savior, but he plays like a warrior. Hopefully our scheme and pass rush is better. He wasn't even bad his last year, just got hurt. seemed like one of the few defenders worth a darn 

Whoaaa.... I like Joseph and all but way too much money... he didn’t exactly get a A grade last year and got  2.5M.... I think he’s lucky to get 1.5-2M

but I’d be very happy to have him back.... he’s a solid 3rd S and STer

• Like 2

If I remember correctly KJ played some single high at West Virginia and was known as a ballhawk. He’s a guy who was typecast into a SS role because he was a big hitter but I always wanted to see him at the FS role. However, I’m not sure he has the range to play single high at a high level in the NFL. 

• Like 2

Joseph was always an enigma. He was always a strong safety in a free safety's body. Oddly, when we had them together Obi was really a free safety in a strong safety's body (not that Obi saw the field much, but based on his play in college).

I don't really see him a centerfield free safety, though. He did always show decent closing speed, but I just don't know that he has the long speed/range for it.

In theory, having Abram and Joseph both playing at safety is the hardest hitting duo in the league, for whatever value that has in 2021...

Edited by Turnobili

27 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

If I remember correctly KJ played some single high at West Virginia and was known as a ballhawk. He’s a guy who was typecast into a SS role because he was a big hitter but I always wanted to see him at the FS role. However, I’m not sure he has the range to play single high at a high level in the NFL. 

That’s exactly what happened

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

same mayock that let him walk lol

Well I don’t think we’re expecting a superstar. But it’s a lot better than having no one back there. And honestly, we can then focus on tackle/more of a BPA approach because it won’t be a glaring hole.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Well I don’t think we’re expecting a superstar. But it’s a lot better than having no one back there. And honestly, we can then focus on tackle/more of a BPA approach because it won’t be a glaring hole.

That was always the plan. People here have been asking for Hooker, Boston, or even Clinton Dix to be signed cheap and still have us draft a safety 

7 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

That was . People here have been for Hooker, Boston, or even Clinton Dix to be signed cheap and still have us a safety 

I think Joseph is safer than any of those guys. He is pretty durable and is a sure tackler. Plus he's a much better zone coverage safety than man cover guy. I think he would be fine at single high. He had his best plays playing deep I thought. I just thought there was no way he'd come back.

• Like 1

If we bring back Joseph that tells me 1 good thing...That Grudock can evaluate a player they didn't want in one system and think he's a better fit in another system. So not as stubborn as fist thought.

• Like 1