Bears at Vikings - GDT

CBears019

14 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Congratulations on the win Bears fans.  I was afraid our defense wouldn't be up to the task to day and it wasn't.  Trubisky causes a lot more problems for us than Foles does.  You are just a much more complete team at this point.  Here's hoping you can sneak into the playoffs and then you never know, maybe some magic can happen.  I'll be cheering for you guys! 

It may be a short lived victory.   Vikings have a lot of talented young players on that team.  

First game I have watched in many weeks.  

I watched in fast mode, so I missed a lot of details, I would have to watch again to really notice things.   I did notice that broadcast had entire O line wrong on what positions they were playing.   Not sure why that was.   New O line line up was interesting though when I saw it.

I noticed Bars and Mustipher are playing and Ifedi has moved to RT and there are actually running lanes.

Whitehair looks 100x better at G than C.   Saw him drive a guy 5 yards off ball and pancake him.  Have to go back and find that play.   Pretty awesome.  

Funny that everyone in media seems to believe Montgomery suddenly got good.  Or Nagy is finally giving him the ball (that is actually partly true, but was it working more consistently Nagy would have done it more).   Montgomery was always good.   O line play is currently good enough to show it that’s all.

Also funny how Nagy who doesn’t know offense is suddenly HC of a scoring offense when O line play is better.   Imagine that.  Must be all Lazor calling better plays, right?     Not saying Nagy didn’t make mistakes.   3rd and 1 call on first series made me angry.  

I think what makes Nagy a bad coach is lack of practicing fundamentals and recognizing who should be playing and who shouldn’t and when to punish bad or lazy play, not lack of X’s and O’s.  

I see Johnson is out with a shoulder injury.  That’s not good.  Knock on him in draft was his bad shoulders.   Defense seems to be missing him like it misses Goldman.

Word on street (i.e. one YouTuber who I believe) is Mack is playing through a dozen injuries that would sideline most guys.   

That’s all I got for now.  Maybe I will watch it again tonight.  But probably won’t be able to because I just got new Xbox for my son and have a feeling he will be playing it tonight (on big TV where I watch games).

Merry Christmas boys.  Get to church this week. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

First game I have watched in many weeks.  

I watched in fast mode, so I missed a lot of details, I would have to watch again to really notice things.   I did notice that broadcast had entire O line wrong on what positions they were playing.   Not sure why that was.   New O line line up was interesting though when I saw it.

I noticed Bars and Mustipher are playing and Ifedi has moved to RT and there are actually running lanes.

Whitehair looks 100x better at G than C.   Saw him drive a guy 5 yards off ball and pancake him.  Have to go back and find that play.   Pretty awesome.  

Funny that everyone in media seems to believe Montgomery suddenly got good.  Or Nagy is finally giving him the ball (that is actually partly true, but was it working more consistently Nagy would have done it more).   Montgomery was always good.   O line play is currently good enough to show it that’s all.

Also funny how Nagy who doesn’t know offense is suddenly HC of a scoring offense when O line play is better.   Imagine that.  Must be all Lazor calling better plays, right?     Not saying Nagy didn’t make mistakes.   3rd and 1 call on first series made me angry.  

I think what makes Nagy a bad coach is lack of practicing fundamentals and recognizing who should be playing and who shouldn’t and when to punish bad or lazy play, not lack of X’s and O’s.  

I see Johnson is out with a shoulder injury.  That’s not good.  Knock on him in draft was his bad shoulders.   Defense seems to be missing him like it misses Goldman.

Word on street (i.e. one YouTuber who I believe) is Mack is playing through a dozen injuries that would sideline most guys.   

That’s all I got for now.  Maybe I will watch it again tonight.  But probably won’t be able to because I just got new Xbox for my son and have a feeling he will be playing it tonight (on big TV where I watch games).

Merry Christmas boys.  Get to church this week. 

This the one?

10 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm maintaining that contract wasn't a no-brainer. I saw Jackson's bad play, clear as day, and I'm not involved in the league in any sort of professional capacity. 

Answer me this--why did Pagano play him so much in the box last year, but NOT this year? 

Set up for a loss, but it won't be soul-crushing. It will be liberating, and life affirming. 

We'll be rid of Pace, Nagy, and Trubisky. We'll have a chance to get people in charge that can, maybe, salvage the promise the present core of this team has...without mucking things up over ego and stupidity. 

So you would let a 26 year old all-pro safety walk after his rookie deal expired?  Based on his performance the market set the deal that Jackson received, and again I agree he hasn't had the takeaways this year, but he is a solid piece to build around.  

51 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

So you would let a 26 year old all-pro safety walk after his rookie deal expired?  Based on his performance the market set the deal that Jackson received, and again I agree he hasn't had the takeaways this year, but he is a solid piece to build around.  

He was an All Pro in 2018. The extension came after 2019, which was a season for him that gave hints that PERHAPS 2018 was an aberration. They didn't need to extend him at that point. They could've let 2020 play out, because now it's looking more and more like 2018 WAS an aberration. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He was an All Pro in 2018. The extension came after 2019, which was a season for him that gave hints that PERHAPS 2018 was an aberration. They didn't need to extend him at that point. They could've let 2020 play out, because now it's looking more and more like 2018 WAS an aberration. 

I see your point but the guy was all-rookie his first year, and probably should have made the pro bowl, all-pro next year and had a decent year in 2019.  I just saying that giving him an extension at that point was certainly understandable and especially not Pace's worst decision.  We have a lot more of Pace's decisions to question, just not THAT decision

11 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

I see your point but the guy was all-rookie his first year, and probably should have made the pro bowl, all-pro next year and had a decent year in 2019.  I just saying that giving him an extension at that point was certainly understandable and especially not Pace's worst decision.  We have a lot more of Pace's decisions to question, just not THAT decision

And I'll be honest, I'm not necessarily blaming Pace which is odd because he's been a mess of a GM. Hell, I'm not even blaming Jackson. He got offered life changing money and took it. What is frustrating, however, is that he now does nothing well. All of those things that he showed in his first 2 seasons feel like they were 5 seasons ago. He isn't even close to takeaways. When was the last time you watched a game and thought "ahh, so close!" Last season? He isn't even trying to tackle. He's a good dancer though, and evidently we should be happy that he can jump high and deflect last second hail mary's.

3 hours ago, GBHalas said:

Both seasons happened under Fangio. I think the smart move was to wait until after 2019. Pace extended Jackson at the height of his value when he didn’t need to.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

That is the one.   Man that gets me jacked.   When I was coaching I would have played that 50x in film for everyone.

Just noticed Leno got pancaked by LB on same play though.  Sad.   That guy spends entirely too much time on ground.