Bears at Vikings - GDT

CBears019

51 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

Let's all remember when Pace extended Jackson he just had a pro bowl season and the year before that he was an all pro. Let's get over ourselves any GM would have extended Jackson and he's having a down year on takeaways. He's still considered a top 5 safety in the league

"Get over ourselves"? 

Come on. Jackson had a bad season last year. Really bad, actually. It's on tape, anybody can review it. If he was voted to the Pro Bowl in spite of that...well, things happen with the Pro Bowl. 

And he might still be considered a top 5 safety in the league, I don't know I haven't read any write-ups on that subject as of late--but if so, he shouldn't be. 

Playoff scenarios.

1) If the Bears win out and Rams to beat the Cards-- this would earn the 7th slot.

2) If the Rams lose out then the Bears have to win out to make the playoffs ---  this would earn the 6th slot.

3) If the Cards lose out then the Bears only need to win 1 more game --- This would earn the 7th slot

I'd prefer #3 to be honest because I don't have much faith in the Bears beating GB.  I would rather the Bears to win next week vs Jags so the Packers game doesn't even matter.

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

"Get over ourselves"? 

Come on. Jackson had a bad season last year. Really bad, actually. It's on tape, anybody can review it. If he was voted to the Pro Bowl in spite of that...well, things happen with the Pro Bowl. 

And he might still be considered a top 5 safety in the league, I don't know I haven't read any write-ups on that subject as of late--but if so, he shouldn't be. 

Stop it. he wasn't elite but he certainly wasn't bad and that while playing closer to the LOS. What GBHalas is saying is 100% true. Any GM in the league would've signed Jackson to big contract and Pace did it before he let other high end safeties dictate the market which would've cost more.

22 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Playoff scenarios.

1) If the Bears win out and Rams to beat the Cards-- this would earn the 7th slot.

2) If the Rams lose out then the Bears have to win out to make the playoffs ---  this would earn the 6th slot.

3) If the Cards lose out then the Bears only need to win 1 more game --- This would earn the 7th slot

I'd prefer #3 to be honest because I don't have much faith in the Bears beating GB.  I would rather the Bears to win next week vs Jags so the Packers game doesn't even matter.

I'm failing to see how we make it over Rams even if they lose out and we win out. In that case the records would be tied and Rams hold h2h tiebreaker against us.

I think Bears will need to win out to have a legit shot.

The Packers can clinch the #1 overall seed with a win against Tennessee and a Seahawks loss to Rams next week so that week 17 showdown against us may not mean a whole lot to them and they would likely rest starters in that case.

First things first though we gotta beat the Jags and not look too far ahead. As we saw today no win in the NFL is ever a slam dunk with Rams losing to Jets.

Edited by topwop1

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

I'm failing to see how we make it over Rams even if they lose out. In that case the records would be tied and Rams hold h2h tiebreaker against us.

I think Bears will need to win out to have a legit shot.

The Packers will clinch the #1 overall seed with a win against Tennessee next week so that week 17 showdown against us may not mean a whole lot to them and they would likely rest starters in that case.

First things first though we gotta beat the Jags and not look too far ahead. As we saw today no win in the NFL is ever a slam dunk with Rams losing to Jets.

If the Cards lose to the 49ers and the Rams lose out then the Rams are eliminated and the Bears/Cards take the 6th/7th slots.  

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If the Cards lose to the 49ers and the Rams lose out then the Rams are eliminated and the Bears/Cards take the 6th/7th slots.  

How does that work though...the Rams would still have at worst the same amount of wins as Bears with the h2h tiebreaker....

28 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

But the Cardinals would still have to lose out, right? Or am I missing something?

23 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Stop it. he wasn't elite but he certainly wasn't bad and that while playing closer to the LOS. What GBHalas is saying is 100% true. Any GM in the league would've signed Jackson to big contract and Pace did it before he let other high end safeties dictate the market which would've cost more.

He was definitely bad. It's on tape. And he's not currently making $15 mil/season to play close to the line of scrimmage, anyway. You can get a rookie to do that. There's no way of knowing what "any GM in the league" would have done--with any certainty, anyway. My guess is that many of them would have let him play out the last year of his rookie contract, and see if '19 was a fluke, or not. 

The Bears are married to him now, barring a trade, which I would deem highly unlikely. I think the money and stuff becomes more manageable after two seasons, but I'm not sure about that. Hopefully he rebounds. 

Edited by Heinz D.

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

That’s what I mean. How many games did we piss away with Nagy trying to feed his ego and run his “system”.

Been saying this for 2 years.

Nagy doesn't know how to use his personnel properly.

Maybe he's learning now and adjusting but the fact that it took him this long to realize it is troubling.

It may just be too little too late for the POs.. and with that he should be let go along with Pace.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

"Get over ourselves"? 

All I'm saying is you can disagree or lament some of Pace's decisions, but at that time Eddie Jackson's new contract was a no brainer.  Has he lived up to that contract. probably not, but he isn't the scrub you guys are making him out to be.  As far as his play last year, he and Dix were interchangeable and he played more in the box last year.  That's not exactly his strong suit.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Jackson's tackling shouldn't be terrible though, right? Can we all agree on that? He is the highest paid safety in the league, after all. That SHOULD imply he's the best, and not a marginal Pro Bowler...if he gets lucky. 

Absolutely he should be average at least in that regard. As far as being the highest paid, I would agree for the most part but markets don't really always reflect that. As the market grows so do salaries, so I expect EJax to get passed over numerous times over the next several years.

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Playoff scenarios.

We're just being setup for another soul crushing loss to the Packers. I can feel it.

• Like 1