Sam vs. Fields vs. Wilson

jetsfan4life51

Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?

• Sam Darnold
    • Justin Fields
    • Zach Wilson

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

But then we are doing exactly what led us hear in the beginning. 

You do realize that the Jets have the worse offense in the NFL.

A big reason for this is receivers consistently unable to get open. Why is it so hard to imagine the Jets spending the money to bring in a big time weapon like Allen Robinson. Regardless of who is playing QB next season?

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

But then we are doing exactly what led us hear in the beginning. 

This team has never signed a guy the caliber of Robinson.  It’s a necessity for this team to build around whatever quarterback they roll with.

it wasn’t JDs MO last season for 2 reasons: the FA class last year wasn’t as good and they knew to save some money for the effects of Covid.

33 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

This team has never signed a guy the caliber of Robinson.  It’s a necessity for this team to build around whatever quarterback they roll with.

it wasn’t JDs MO last season for 2 reasons: the FA class last year wasn’t as good and they knew to save some money for the effects of Covid.

JD did that last year because he began to clean up the roster.   Covid thing is bs.   JD said he had no plan to spend heavily in FA this upcoming FA.  We will see if he tells the truth.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

JD did that last year because he began to clean up the roster.   Covid thing is bs.   JD said he had no plan to spend heavily in FA this upcoming FA.  We will see if he tells the truth.

And how exactly do you know the Covid thing is BS?  I certainly never heard his reasons why he spent so frugally, did I miss something?

55 minutes ago, xrade said:

And how exactly do you know the Covid thing is BS?  I certainly never heard his reasons why he spent so frugally, did I miss something?

He said he didn't believe signing big time FA was necessary for Jets as he believed in that roster minus rookies was capable to win the season. He also had set up the vision for Jets.  He also mentioned 2021 salary cap concern statement.   Most recently is JD said he doesn't plan to spend $$$ on FA.

Whatever his vision is it stalls.  Covid thing was oft mentioned by fans and media because they thought JD would save cap room for 2021 as Jets may take an advantage of other team's tighter salary cap. Even though it sounds plausible he didn't do it on purpose.

I think I read somewhere that JD actually thought his method of constructing the roster without counting on high profile players would rock the world this year. Remember JD's outburst about Jets being one of the worst teams prior to this season.   Jets are 2-13 so JD was wrong.  boo yah!

Sam is certainly not the answer. Give him the offense that Mahomes has he'd still look unimpressive.

Not that Lawrence is out of the picture, it's likely going to be Fields or Wilson. I like the idea of trading back to a team trying to get Fields & take Wilson with a bevy of picks in the top 3 round.

16 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Ben Allbright is horrible, wouldn’t trust anything that comes from him

He's ok. He has sources. He was the only one I saw who mentioned the buckner trade before it happened. That link isn't really saying anything though; he's just opining. Besides, I can't help supporting old FF posters lol

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's ok. He has sources. He was the only one I saw who mentioned the buckner trade before it happened. That link isn't really saying anything though; he's just opining. Besides, I can't help supporting old FF posters lol

What do you mean I was on the old site bro. I was Mr.O back in the day