Saturday Night Football: Miami Dolphins (9-5) @ Las Vegas Raiders (7-7)

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ LV  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins (9-5)
    • Las Vegas Raiders (7-7)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/27/2020 at 01:30 AM

Just now, jrry32 said:

It would be 30-23 or 28-23 imo.

Yeah thought about that too. I’d personally agree with you and go for 2 in that situation, but could at least justify after watching today’s games making them drive the length of the field and have to make the XP to win rather than “just” the touchdown.

Granted you’d then me trusting your kicker. So yeah fuq it go for 2

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I agree it was a bad call but I can see why the flag was thrown in real time. Should've been a case where they conference and pick it up

I don’t think so. He held the horse collar. It was only a split second hold, but he killed the offensive player’s momentum there. If he holds the jersey there, I agree that it should be a no call. But holding the horse collar is different. It slows far more momentum than just a slight jersey tug, it prevents the offensive player from gathering for a highpoint attempt... and it could also buckle the knee.

I think live, it was a DPI because the ref was literally right there and could see the grab within the collar. From the viewers angle, it wasn’t DPI though until you could see the replay. I’m all for guys holding jerseys, even getting in a slight arm bar... none of that is adversely slowing the WRs momentum, a horsecollar, even incidentally slows A LOT of momentum. It’s why it was such a reliable tackle “technique” back in the day when it was legal. Breaking free from a horse collar tackle was something you’d only expect from someone like Mike Alstott or something.

Holding the horse collar like that is what earned the penalty, even if the length of the hold, was minuscule, if it would’ve been a jersey tug.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

That’s a horrible strategy

You’d think, but if he didn’t do that today the Dolphins don’t win. I feel pretty confident in saying that.

I personally would think you take the lumps with your highly invested in rookie QB, but he knows the room and the situation and Flores has been excellent so i will side with him

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah. Big difference between making a team go 40ish yards for a FG in 19 seconds and making a team go 75 yards with 1:40.

I was talking about scoring on 3rd down, so I think they'd have a lot less time left. It would be maybe just over a minute.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

For a year, at least.  Wade doesn't adjust - we saw that firsthand, and have little reason to believe that's changed.  Maybe that gets the most out of certain players they've invested in recently, but at least half their defense personnel is questionable as far as a fit in Wade's scheme - and for several of them that's assuming they revert to 2019 form, which we haven't seen the sample-size to suggest they can do.

Wade doesn't adjust, but his defense is pretty flexible. He could make their roster work. They have the personnel to run the scheme. They just need a legit pass rusher. 

SDE: Ferrell

NT: Hankins or Hurst

DT: Collins or Hurst

WOLB: Crosby (could probably play SOLB too)

ILB: Kwiatkowski

ILB: Littleton

SOLB: ??????

CB: Mullen

CB: Arnette

SLCB: Robertson

FS: Joyner

SS: Abram?

Just now, candyman93 said:

You must let your QB develop and go through growing pains. What Flores is doing is not helping Tua, it’s just saving his behind.

How do you know he's not developing? He's going to get experience and playing time. It's all just subjective opinion. There's nothing that supports what Flores is doing is a hindrance to Tua's development.

Some people think sitting a qb his rookie year is a good path. So would it be better just to sit Tua all year instead? He's getting actual in game experience while they are fighting for a playoff spot

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The Raiders were clearly planning to face Tua but not Fitz and Fitz has shown in the past that he can be brought in at any time and be effective off the bench. So why not use that to your advantage? 

Because Fitz is retiring in 2 years max.

What happens to Tua then?

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

You must let your QB develop and go through growing pains. What Flores is doing is not helping Tua, it’s just saving his behind.

exactly.

and it isn't even "saving his feelings for being benched" as some straw men would proclaim.

it's giving your QBotF the reps in a close game in the 4th quarter of a meaningful game so he can learn from it, win or lose.

Just now, Forge said:

How do you know he's not developing? He's going to get experience and playing time. It's all just subjective opinion. There's nothing that supports what Flores is doing is a hindrance to Tua's development.

Some people think sitting a qb his rookie year is a good path. So would it be better just to sit Tua all year instead? He's getting actual in game experience while they are fighting for a playoff spot

Give me one example in the history of football where what Flores is doing helped a QB.

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The Raiders were clearly planning to face Tua but not Fitz and Fitz has shown in the past that he can be brought in at any time and be effective off the bench. So why not use that to your advantage? 

honestly this is by far the best reason anyone h as put forward in my mind in favor of benching Tua for Fitzpatrick.

It's not something I would've done regardless and I ultimately trust Flores as a coach but I still think it's the wrong decision.

Just now, candyman93 said:

Give me one example in the history of football where what Flores is doing helped a QB.

Give me an example where it didn't? You can't, because each situation is unique and players respond differently. You don't know that this doesn't help tua. 

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I was talking about scoring on 3rd down, so I think they'd have a lot less time left. It would be maybe just over a minute.

Wade doesn't adjust, but his defense is pretty flexible. He could make their roster work. They have the personnel to run the scheme. They just need a legit pass rusher. 

SDE: Ferrell

NT: Hankins or Hurst

DT: Collins or Hurst

WOLB: Crosby (could probably play SOLB too)

ILB: Kwiatkowski

ILB: Littleton

SOLB: ??????

CB: Mullen

CB: Arnette

SLCB: Robertson

FS: Joyner

SS: Abram?

This doesn’t look half bad honestly. Although get Collins out of there, been like the third worst player in the NFL according to PFF.