Saturday Night Football: Miami Dolphins (9-5) @ Las Vegas Raiders (7-7)

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ LV  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins (9-5)
    • Las Vegas Raiders (7-7)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/27/2020 at 01:30 AM

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I mean, in principle, sure.  But in practice (based off what we've seen from him over and over again), he'll go the nepotism route and hire another barely-was or hasn't-ever-been guy with ties to the coaching tree he's in, rather than do what he should do and look at who the coordinators are that have repeatedly whipped his butt and use that as a litmus test to judge that they and their assistants likely at least have base-minimum idea of what they're doing.

Well, give him the rope. If he hangs himself, he hangs himself.

3 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

We saw the Falcons lose a heartbreaker in a similar fashion going for the points. The Raiders defense is awful, so it was right letting your offense try to decide the game.

But having a 20+ yard sideline completion with a 15 yard penalty with 19 secs. should not happen. They literally could've rushed 1 player and had 10 in coverage. It was just a horrific play call imo. 

The Falcons could run out the clock. You're talking about a different scenario.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Gruden getting that contract off of a Super Bowl he won 15 years prior is still one of the wildest things I’ve seen. He’s nothing but the modern day Jeff Fisher.

To some degree, yes. But at least Gruden won't ruin your QB.

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Difference is, if i recall correctly, if Gurley went down and he didn’t score they could’ve drained clock completely and 100% guaranteed a win. Not the same at all.

Well, 99.9% guaranteed lol. Always a chance the kicker shanks it.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Gruden getting that contract off of a Super Bowl he won 15 years prior is still one of the wildest things I’ve seen. He’s nothing but the modern day Jeff Fisher.

His Offense overall is pretty good. We’ve been Top 10 majority of the year, and scored 30+ often, and that’s that with a Middle of the Pack QB and average talent. 

However, Gruden is an absolute moron in the red zone, and also gets way too conservative at times. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, give him the rope. If he hangs himself, he hangs himself.

The Falcons could run out the clock. You're talking about a different scenario.

Exactly. If they could’ve gotten it to 0 seconds, then absolutely. Even if they could’ve gotten it to 3 seconds, I would’ve been down for it. But 20 seconds, with bad defense is enough time to get 2-3 completions and into FG range, if done correctly.

... and the Raiders have a terrible defense, they somehow managed such a feat with only one play. 😂 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Difference is, if i recall correctly, if Gurley went down and he didn’t score they could’ve drained clock completely and 100% guaranteed a win. Not the same at all.

EqN4PjgXYAIE3wq?format=png&name=small

Okay. I imagine scoring the TD and leaving the Dolphins with 1 min. left to score a TD would be a worse probability than what's displayed here but I digress.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

His Offense overall is pretty good. We’ve been Top 10 majority of the year, and scored 30+ often, and that’s that with a Middle of the Pack QB and average talent. 

However, Gruden is an absolute moron in the red zone, and also gets way too conservative at times. 

McVay and Gruden have a lot in common, tbqh. IMO, the two big differences are that McVay hires good defensive coordinators and isn't as dumb at the end of games (conservative, yes; dumb, no).