What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

15 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I think any Watson trade possibility is dead in the water now.  One allegation, two allegations...okay I can see a "he said/she said" or a mishap...but seven allegations...that's too much...bro did something wrong.  I will roll with Lock over Watson now over simple character issues now.  

9 allegations same lawyer tho I think they all have .

I went to a massage parlor one time she asked if I wanted the special I think that's code for it's ok.

Edited by thebestever6

25 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

9 allegations same lawyer tho I think they all have .

I went to a massage parlor one time she asked if I wanted the special I think that's code for it's ok.

So you asked for the special, then.  

He is in trouble though, even if all he does is lose some money.  

25 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

No she whispered in my ear do you want the special.

And of course he's in trouble this reminds me of tiger woods.

1 hour ago, jsthomp2007 said:

He’s guilty of solicitation.  That’s not in question.   It’s only a misdemeanor though.   The problem is the optics in this era.  

If the other allegations are all the same (no force only verbal requests and he backed off on refusal) then it’s likely not a career killer.  It destroys his image as squeaky clean.  The one allegation with forced sex act is dubious but that’s the key one (plaintiff was flown in on Watson’s dime, met in private place, and Watson on his back and again verbal instructions only, no force).    

We haven’t heard the facts confirmed or Watson’s side - it’s only the IG sideshow where the kplaintiff is giving their verson.  But it’s also not going to play out for a while either.  That’s a given.    So teams have to be ready to wait at least until the civil case and the NFL investigation completes.  

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

He’s guilty of solicitation.  That’s not in question.   It’s only a misdemeanor though.   The problem is the optics in this era.  

If the other allegations are all the same (no force only verbal requests and he backed off on refusal) then it’s likely not a career killer.  It destroys his image as squeaky clean.  The one allegation with forced sex act is dubious but that’s the key one (plaintiff was flown in on Watson’s dime, met in private place, and Watson on his back and again verbal instructions only, no force).    

We haven’t heard the facts confirmed or Watson’s side - it’s only the IG sideshow where the kplaintiff is giving their verson.  But it’s also not going to play out for a while either.  That’s a given.    So teams have to be ready to wait at least until the civil case and the NFL investigation completes.  

Yeah.  Who knows what really went on, but if the text of him apologizing for making her “uncomfortable” is legitimate.....that’s pretty damning.  It’s essentially an admission of guilt. 

58 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Yeah.  Who knows what really went on, but if the text of him apologizing for making her “uncomfortable” is legitimate.....that’s pretty damning.  It’s essentially an admission of guilt. 

That text corresponds in the doc to the first complaint where he allegedly propositioned her then backed off.   Not the case with more alleged acts.   That’s only making the case he uses Massage therapists for “extras”.   Which is only a misdemeanor, especially if he doesn’t use force and backs off when declined / directed.      It’s hard to think he isn’t propositioning massage providers.   But while that’s bad for image it’s not a career-threatening issue if that’s the extent (although his GF - that’s another story).  

Obviously we need all the facts to come out and let Watson’s team present their case.  And then the courts and NFL can decide.   One point - since it’s only a civil and not a criminal matter - the NFL investigation doesn’t have to wait.   It likely won’t wrap up until the civil case outcome is known.  But it’s almost certainly going to come swiftly after.   Unlike criminal cases like MG3’s DUI.   Just have to wait it out.  

Edited by Broncofan

Nick Foles is honestly the perfect compliment to Lock. He takes what the defense gives him but he does have an aggressive mentality. He played his best ball for Shurmer believe he had 40 tds to 12 ints. I'll never forget the Atlanta game first play of the game they throw a bomb and get a pi he can be aggressive and got the most of his talent very smart will help Lock with the offense and where to go with the Football. 

Only annoying thing about Foles is he has no power to his throws. It's like watching a nerf football being thrown whenever he goes deep lol. It's all air under the throw looks like a punt tbh. 

If they do add him I still wouldn't be surprised of a qb at some point in the draft.

That Stanford guy is a guy to watch for only has 11 starts but has starter like traits looking off safeties and such. I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking at him.

18 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I have a feeling it will be Mac Jones I feel it in my bones baby!

I just think Paton would have to project a Herbert like rookie year for him to gamble on that pick can you see that? Everyone in the NFL is good and we aren't a stacked baka.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Dream up Mac Jones with me!

I think Mac Jones has a high floor.  I'm not sold he has that high of a ceiling.    Sadly, in our division with Mahomes/Herbert, I'd rather go ceiling.    A Baker-like outcome isn't our target anymore (hurts me to say that, it's not just top 8-12 that's good enough at cheap prices, you want that top 3-5 ceiling).

I do kinda hope some other team wants him that badly, though - then the trade-back-for-a-mint scenario happens.

Edited by Broncofan

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think Mac Jones has a high floor.  I'm not sold he has that high of a ceiling.    Sadly, in our division with Mahomes/Herbert, I'd rather go ceiling.    A Baker-like outcome isn't our target anymore (hurts me to say that, it's not just top 8-12 that's good enough at cheap prices, you want that top 3-5 ceiling).

I do kinda hope some other team wants him that badly, though - then the trade-back-for-a-mint scenario happens.

He will be superb

In order of likelihood, I'd rate the QB options in this order:

1. Foles/Lock competition (Bears won't keep Foles and Dalton, they're basically the same guy)

2. Draft a rookie (Paton is openly talking up the chances of a rookie draft pick now. Given we've filled the CB need in FA and have a strong looking D, we could be in a place to trade into the top 5 if they fall in love with Lance or Fields)

3. Sam Darnold trade (This would be top of the list for me if Elway was still GM, but not sure he's Paton's guy)

4. Deshaun Watson trade (I'm not convinced the Texans actually trade him, and even if they do, other teams can outbid us)

5. Gardner Minshew trade (Jags likely keep him as the ideal backup to Lawrence)

6. Teddy Bridgewater trade (Too expensive and not that good)