What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

57 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Looking at our cap situation (still $27m in cap room) and given the following moves:

- Not giving Lindsay the second round tender

- Moving on from Kareem Jackson

- Signing both Darby and Shelby Harris to backloaded contracts

- General lack of activity, only one signing so far with most of the highest rated FA's off the board now

I really think that Paton is lining up for a run at Deshaun Watson here. 

He would be the best Watson since Steve Watson 

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Looking at our cap situation (still $27m in cap room) and given the following moves:

- Not giving Lindsay the second round tender

- Moving on from Kareem Jackson

- Signing both Darby and Shelby Harris to backloaded contracts

- General lack of activity, only one signing so far with most of the highest rated FA's off the board now

I really think that Paton is lining up for a run at Deshaun Watson here. 

I can't see it happening especially with 4 legal civil cases now.

Asking a masseuse for a handy is closer to bad taste than sexual assault. Just make it legal and advertised so people not in the business of doing it are not put in that awkward position. IDK, maybe there is more to the story but what I have read is basically just a verbal request. 

And honestly, if you do not think Elway has every happy ending massage parlor in the Denver Metro Area on speed dial, your fooling yourself. 

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I can't see it happening especially with 4 legal civil cases now.

57 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Asking a masseuse for a handy is closer to bad taste than sexual assault. Just make it legal and advertised so people not in the business of doing it are not put in that awkward position. IDK, maybe there is more to the story but what I have read is basically just a verbal request. 

And honestly, if you do not think Elway has every happy ending massage parlor in the Denver Metro Area on speed dial, your fooling yourself. 

The details of the case released so far - doubt it affects the market.   No contact and he left at her request.   Honestly if it’s not a star athlete I doubt there’s a civil case.   The PR circus angle was chosen for a reason. Unless more info comes out or more ppl come forward, I don’t think any team will be deterred.  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

The details of the case released so far - doubt it affects the market.   No contact and he left at her request.   Honestly if it’s not a star athlete I doubt there’s a civil case.   The PR circus angle was chosen for a reason. Unless more info comes out or more ppl come forward, I don’t think any team will be deterred.  

A man of Easterby’s standard putting up with such tom foolery...outlandish! I bet he cuts Watson for such unholy behavior.

9 minutes ago, Zukhyubern said:

I'm always going to err on the side of believing women accusers but something about this smells incredibly fishy...

The fact alone that this lawyer tweeted about it before the case was officially filed and is McNair's neighbor. 

Plus, they are all civil suits.  These are massage therapists who act like they have never seen a dude's privates before, or witnessed a client become aroused from the massage.  If it were me and the accidently saw my D...they would pay me to put it back. 

I'm always going to err on the side of believing women accusers but something about this smells incredibly fishy...

I absolutely believe the accuser in nearly all cases, and I do so in this one as well. But what the accuser is saying, that he got aroused and asked for something illegal, isnt assault IMO. Its less of a moral wrong than something like sending unsolicited DP's, which I do think is low grade assault. How the latter has been normalized more than someone asking for a money exchange for pleasure without coercion is insane to me. 

It’s important to note that sensationalist lawyers don’t actually care about their clients & will exaggerate (or even invent) allegations. Then consider that the alleged conduct (while gross) is not a crime and does not warrant a lawsuit. Now expect him to file more lawsuits to develop a "pattern." 

Just now, broncos67 said:

I'm going to let this play out. For all I know, Deshaun is scummy and this is a pattern, but I will simply say I think the timing is very interesting as are the connections of the lawyers to McNair.

Things is if they wanted to trade him, they wouldn’t smear his trade value. 

12 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Things is if they wanted to trade him, they wouldn’t smear his trade value. 

You would think. I don't think Jack Easterby is the brightest though. Especially if he thinks this tanks his market value so Deshaun stays with Houston. 

10 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

You would think. I don't think Jack Easterby is the brightest though. Especially if he thinks this tanks his market value so Deshaun stays with Houston. 

We've seen that Houston doesn't act rationally, so I wouldn't put anything past them. It still doesn't seem likely, but it's 2021.