Week 17 - Rams vs Cardinals

RamRod

23 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

49ers have been injury plagued and have  playing with back up QBs that won’t start on most teams. 

Why didn't they just bring in average QBs? They're easy to find, right?

don’t compare us to Cincy.  That’s not a franchise I’d use as a measuring stick. Look at AZ who got rid of Rosen after one year. This isn’t 2008 anymore. Teams move on faster.

Why would I look at Arizona and Rosen? Arizona had the #1 pick, and Rosen sucked. Goff is a Pro Bowl QB who has taken us to the Super Bowl. You cannot be serious with that comparison. As for Cincy, Dalton won more games than he lost as Cincy's starting QB. And again, he was a worse QB than Goff. We could be in a much worse place. 

you’re making it seem like it’s a difficult to find an average QB. It’s really not. Replacing Goff with a franchise QB will be difficult but replacing Goff with an average QB such as himself is not as hard as you think.

Correct. I am. Do you know why? Let me tell you why. Before Jared Goff, when was the last time we had an average or better QB? I know the answer. It was 2006 with Marc Bulger. We went a decade without having an average starting QB. But you want to pretend it's easy to just go find one?

dude has 39 turnovers in the last two seasons LOL. He’s LAs  Jameis Winston

Dude has also led an offense that was top 10 in 2019, #2 in 2018, and in the top 5 in 2017. He's taken us to a Super Bowl. He has won more games under McVay than almost every other starting QB in the NFL has in the same time period. And he has been to two Pro Bowls in four full seasons as a starter. If Jameis had that list of accomplishments, he'd still be starting in Tampa Bay.

Edited by jrry32

We haven't win the game against Arizona and all the talk here worth nothing.

Maybe let's wait until the game is done so we can make some conclusion even if Wolford performance will be hard to gauge as he won't played with the same personnel than Goff has played all year along. 

Anyway, we will eventually learn if Wolford is worth the backup QB position and that's already a good thing to know for the offseason and next year. 

17 hours ago, JonStark said:

I'm so confused by your stance here. Jrry literally said the phrase "I'd rather have Mcvay + a franchise QB than a Super Bowl this year + a bust QB" and you're turning that into not wanting a SB unless it's Goff winning it. Where does that say that he would be against a third option of a Superbowl this year + a franchise QB? 

You really need to stop with this Goff homer crap. A Goff homer wouldn't admit that he's been playing bad, which NO ONE HERE IS REFUSING TO SAY. Everyone you consider a Goff homer is simply pointing out that he is not the only problem. 

It's the implication behind his statement given our current situation. Us winning a Superbowl this year with Wolford at the helm renders Goff a bust or at the very least, gaining dust on the bench. It's no secret he's been head over heels on Goff since pre-draft, someone even mentions it later in this thread.

I won't stop with the Goff homer crap. If people think that having a middle of the road O-line, two RB's averaging 4.5+ YPC, a top 5 WR duo, and the best defense in the NFL means we have other problems besides Goff, they're delusional or wanting nothing but perfection. Look around the league and see what other teams are dealing with, playoffs included and you will see how good we have it. The BIGGEST problem on this team is a QB who is constantly turning the ball over although he has shown up at times throughout the year. The losses we can attribute to his poor play. He has regressed significantly compared to 2018. Not sure if that is due to the fact defenses have picked up on McVays scheme, not sure if it's because McVay has him on a short leash, but with a team this talented, we cannot have our biggest detractor be at the most important position in football.

Don't care if you and the Jrry minions don't like my opinions. Don't care if you do not see it the same as I do and think Goff is going to magically turn it around next year when we bring in someone to "spark" him. Circling back to the thread topic, I am very excited to see how this team could look with Wolford running the show. I hope it does wonders for this team the rest of this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

It's the implication behind his statement given our current situation. Us winning a Superbowl this year with Wolford at the helm renders Goff a bust or at the very least, gaining dust on the bench. It's no secret he's been head over heels on Goff since pre-draft, someone even mentions it later in this thread.

There wasn't an implication. I answered a hypothetical. You're simply full of doodoo. (Nor does the Rams winning a Super Bowl with Wolford render Goff a bust.)

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I won't stop with the Goff homer crap. If people think that having a middle of the road O-line, two RB's averaging 4.5+ YPC, a top 5 WR duo, and the best defense in the NFL means we have other problems besides Goff, they're delusional or wanting nothing but perfection. Look around the league and see what other teams are dealing with, playoffs included and you will see how good we have it. The BIGGEST problem on this team is a QB who is constantly turning the ball over although he has shown up at times throughout the year. The losses we can attribute to his poor play. He has regressed significantly compared to 2018. Not sure if that is due to the fact defenses have picked up on McVays scheme, not sure if it's because McVay has him on a short leash, but with a team this talented, we cannot have our biggest detractor be at the most important position in football.

Don't care if you and the Jrry minions don't like my opinions. Don't care if you do not see it the same as I do and think Goff is going to magically turn it around next year when we bring in someone to "spark" him. Circling back to the thread topic, I am very excited to see how this team could look with Wolford running the show. I hope it does wonders for this team the rest of this year. 

I'm not gonna fault you for having a differing opinion, but I will call you out for being disingenuous about it and putting words in others' mouths.

Now everything you said there is fine. It's a very simplistic way of looking at it strictly off of a piece of paper (ie they have this, this, and that, so he must be the problem), but that's your opinion. When you start to say crap about how people are giving Goff a pass or not blaming any of the issues on him, that's the part I have an issue with. He is a part of the problem, but so is the playcalling, the blocking, and the special teams. 

Edited by JonStark
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2020 at 2:32 PM, rocky_rams said:

Just curious. If you win the lotto. Are you taking lump sum or the residual?

Are you asking if I would take 6 Super Bowl wins this year or spread out over the next 2 decades?

Sure I’ll take them all this year, as soon as you show me a reality where that’s possible... until then we’ll just chalk this up to another poorly thought out jab attempt 

46 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Are you asking if I would take 6 Super Bowl wins this year or spread out over the next 2 decades?

Sure I’ll take them all this year, as soon as you show me a reality where that’s possible... until then we’ll just chalk this up to another poorly thought out jab attempt 

Lol you got it all figured out

6 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Don't care if you and the Jrry minions don't like my opinions.

BTW, I didn't even know I had minions. MINIONS, ASSEMBLE! Let's go invade the Cardinals forum, claim it as our own, and make it a territory of the Rams Empire.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean this all has to be some sick joke right?

But the league has player safety top of mind at all times, so let’s add a 17th game 

When it rains . . . , the football gods decide to drop a Sharknado on us.

EDIT: Phew.

Edited by jrry32

The energy around the team really doesn’t seem bad at all right now. They got hit harder this week than any other and even lost it’s QB. One thing that’s never mentioned much is how young the team is. I believe they’re currently the youngest as of this week and have been top 3 youngest all year. I’m excited for Sunday. I think our staff is at the top when it comes to finding these gems in the draft and on waivers. I trust we’ll see something solid this weekend and surprise many people. 

• Like 1