Week 17 - Rams vs Cardinals

RamRod

Man a lot of you guys are in such denial about Goff. Your argument is "its hard to find a average QB!" Average QBs rarely win SBs, and from what I have seen from Goff lately he isnt either. 

17' and 18' Goff were above average definitely, however we also had the best RB in the game those two years. What we have seen from Goff the past two years isn't....how do I say this nicely...well its trash. I hope he can turn it around cause it helps our team. But man its looking bad. If Wolf goes out there and slays tomorrow, we could be heading into the playoffs with a QB controversy on our hands. 

Especially if Mcvay starts Goff in the first game in the playoffs and we get smoked. Which honestly, outside of the NFC east, I dont see current Goff fairly well against any of the Playoff contenders.

1 hour ago, Riftty said:

Man a lot of you guys are in such denial about Goff. Your argument is "its hard to find a average QB!" Average QBs rarely win SBs, and from what I have seen from Goff lately he isnt either. 

17' and 18' Goff were above average definitely, however we also had the best RB in the game those two years. What we have seen from Goff the past two years isn't....how do I say this nicely...well its trash. I hope he can turn it around cause it helps our team. But man its looking bad. If Wolf goes out there and slays tomorrow, we could be heading into the playoffs with a QB controversy on our hands. 

Especially if Mcvay starts Goff in the first game in the playoffs and we get smoked. Which honestly, outside of the NFC east, I dont see current Goff fairly well against any of the Playoff contenders.

Your response doesn't actually address the argument. And I don't see anybody in denial about Goff's recent play.

As for Wolford, I hope he kills it tomorrow. But this is the same Cardinals team against which Goff threw for 350 yards and completely nearly 80% of his passes just a few weeks ago. Only way we have a QB controversy is if Goff is out for longer than anticipated and Wolford impresses during the playoffs.

• Like 1

Ah i see my little fellow starting to downplay Wolford performance and the game is not starting yet....

If Wolford lose, i expect a lot of "See Goff is not the bad"

If Wolford win i expect a lot of " Yeah but Cardinals are trash,  Goff threw for 350 yards and completely nearly 80% of his passes just a few weeks ago"

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

Ah i see my little fellow starting to downplay Wolford performance and the game is not starting yet....

If Wolford lose, i expect a lot of "See Goff is not the bad"

If Wolford win i expect a lot of " Yeah but Cardinals are trash,  Goff threw for 350 yards and completely nearly 80% of his passes just a few weeks ago"

Honestly I will take nothing from Wolford performance today. I did predict the Rams to win but I think its a mute point just because the Packers will beat the Bears so the Rams will get in regardless. Thats all I want is the Rams to get into the playoffs. Now will it be a bonus if the Rams can come away from this game feeling like they have their backup for the future? Yes. At the same time though the offseason will come and if the Rams feel like they dont they will get one via FA or the draft. 

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Your response doesn't actually address the argument. And I don't see anybody in denial about Goff's recent play.

As for Wolford, I hope he kills it tomorrow. But this is the same Cardinals team against which Goff threw for 350 yards and completely nearly 80% of his passes just a few weeks ago. Only way we have a QB controversy is if Goff is out for longer than anticipated and Wolford impresses during the playoffs.

wolford would've done it without our two top rbs and without kupp.
but thats not the point.
it will be intersting to see if this offense looks as good as it is on a good goff day, but with wolfford at qb.
if that's the case we know for sure that it's just goff who's holding this team back. not goff/mcvay.

1 hour ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

wolford would've done it without our two top rbs and without kupp.
but thats not the point.
it will be intersting to see if this offense looks as good as it is on a good goff day, but with wolfford at qb.
if that's the case we know for sure that it's just goff who's holding this team back. not goff/mcvay.

I guess I get why it’s being talked about but I don’t get why people are putting so much into Goff depending on how Walford does today. Unless Walford looks LEGIT and  goes for 350 4 touchdowns no turnovers then I don’t see why it’s even important. Walford playing well means we have a solid backup. That’s literally it. I don’t see anyone saying anything about Goff if Walford sucks. He’s an undrafted rookie starting in a pretty big DIVISION game. I don’t really see anyone saying much about Goff if he does well either. Not like Goff doesn’t usually have a decent day against them. 

i personally would love to get in and play Seattle next week with Goff, Kupp, brockers, Henderson, and whit and  whoever else back. Should be getting our middle backer back too no? I’m totally blanking on the name lol but that’s what I’m rooting for. 

13 hours ago, Riftty said:

What are you talking about? No one's argument is that and no one is saying that he's not playing poorly.

It's amazing how all of the Goff bashers have to put words in others' mouths to try to strengthen their argument. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

What are you talking about? No one's argument is that and no one is saying that he's not playing poorly.

It's amazing how all of the Goff bashers have to put words in others' mouths to try to strengthen their argument. 

I don’t really understand this whole feud lol it truly feels like it’s simply that everyone knows Goff had a good first quarter and then definitely regressed and turnovers haunted him. I don’t think anyone denies that. He needs to clearly step his game up to the next level and me more consistent through the year (especially in the second half). if he does we will win way more often than not.. regardless of play calls or whatever the other argument might be. It seems like the other half of that argument is people knowing there are other issues and are bothered when blame is put 100% on Goff (which is actually normal in the nfl). That seems to be what I see on here. Who’s MORE in the right/wrong or who is MORE to blame lol there’s been issues in a few areas. It’s not Goffs year and It’s probably not OUR year. He has to get better. No one denies that at all. Still such a young team.. it’ll get even better around Goff. I do think if Goff doesn’t do well next year it’ll be the beginning of the end for him though. 

• Like 1

Sheesh I’m nervous about this game. Don’t think we win honestly. 

I think Wolford stinks it up and McVay plays super conservatively, even though he should let Wolford sling it all over the field. 

shouldn’t matter as I see the Packers beating out da Bears 

7 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Sheesh I’m nervous about this game. Don’t think we win honestly. 

I think Wolford stinks it up and McVay plays super conservatively, even though he should let Wolford sling it all over the field. 

shouldn’t matter as I see the Packers beating out da Bears 

I think the offense needs to be able to get 20 points without any dumb turnovers. That should be enough. The last outing against Arizona was very successful on short passing. Wolford should be able to do that. The real key is if the running game can step up. The offensive line needs to control the line of scrimmage. 

Edited by LeotheLion