BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

I’m going to give in Ruskie was right I can’t help myself!

1. Anchorage- Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson

Has he peaked? Maybe. But I was wearing a banana hammock underneath. 

2. Death Valley- Penei Sewell OT Oregon

This kid doesn’t even turn 21 until October. If he is great which I believe he will be, great tackles can play high quality ball into their 30’s. Death Valley  could potentially have this guy at LT for 14 years. If the league lasts that long.

3. Death Valley- Ja’Marr Chase WR LSU

No QB? Naw Death Valley will Shark Tank it’s way through this. They grab the talented Chase and hope with the opt out he is ready to go and hasn’t turned into a Chase lounge... (not good at the dad jokes yet)

4. Anchorage- Kyle Pitts TE Anchorage

Surprise, surprise. Now Antarctica has to go elsewhere. Nothing like shafting a division rival with taking a really good player they would so desperately want. Pitts, Fant, Knox and the three tight sets have me feeling tighter than Ruskies extra small jock strap on a mule. 

5. Seoul- DeVonta Smith WR Bama

Seoul takes the slim reaper here. They pair this Heisman winner who many consider too thin with the Heisman winner many consider too short. Blow the whistle. Samsel in distress gets him a receiver. 

6. Antarctica- Patrick Surtain ll CB 

They took Okudah last year and he looked like he was frozen in the Antarctica katawhowhat winds at times. They hope he improves and take a top corner to add to that secondary here as positional value plays into importance.

7. Anchorage- Micah Parsons LB PSU

I take the bad boy and hope he is more Ray Lewis bad boy and less Rueben Foster/Rolando McClain bad boy. Can’t teach those instincts and speed. 

8. Rome- Gregory Rousseau Edge Miami

Rome is a vacant waste land at edge with some bodies that are about as effective as Pickle and Orca would be at end. Rousseau is raw but very talented. Rome hopes he does big things with his big frame.

9. Anchorage- Jaylen Waddle WR Bama

I continue assembling the Bama track team pairing Waddle with Ruggs. After going Pitts earlier I look to receiver here with Waddle. Too bad there are no penguins in Alaska or his name would fit in perfectly with his happy feet. 

10. Camden- Caleb Farley CB VT

Yes Fields and Lance fit Jlash’s QB profile but he needs CB help here. Sneed looks like a steal and Ward is great when healthy but they need to keep adding to the position group. Jlash can wait to find his QB in Kellen Mond. 

11. Death Valley- Zach Wilson QB BYU

I know I said he would go to the tank and he still should to get a starter for the beginning of the year if Wilson doesn’t start right away. Wilson’s tape many times looks like Mahomes tape at Tech. And that shouldn’t be overlooked for long in this draft. I think he has loads of potential and is a steal here at 11 for DV. Death Valley head bands will sell like hot cakes. 

12. Gotham- Justin Fields QB OSU

Another team that could go Tank, but they also get a young rookie to groom. People have made many comments about Fields sucking or whatever but I think deep down they really just want to plow Fields. Gotham gets their QBOTF. 

13. Singapore- Kwity Paye Edge UM

Singapore gets a very talented edge with freaky athleticism to rush the passer but also strong run stopping ability. He is the most complete edge in the class and was on a tear before he got hurt. I’m sure SirA1 will tell me how he has one edge on his board and it isn’t Paye and the game of smoke and mirrors will continue. Well puff on some Kwity my friend.

14. Anchorage- Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina

Hey it’s me again! And frogs doesn’t have to worry about taking the bull by the horn at 16. I add the physical Horn to my corner group and have filled some key needs with solid players in this first round. Yay me.

15. IC- Daviyon Nixon INT Iowa

If Rusty isn’t too drunk to make this pick when he is otc, he will add a penetrating INT player to that dline and hope Tannehill will bring him back to the Bizz bowl with an even more terrifying defense than before. He’s got a Chubb already and I see people mocking him RB’s lately and I just don’t see it. But Rusty gonna Rusty. He’s probably on a bender right now. 

16. Cuba- Christian Barmore INT Bama

Cuba needs Interior dline help. And Barmore has a boat load of potential but needs to be more consistent. He looked good in the NC game though and I think he has raised his stock enough to be considered here and fill a big need for Cuba. And bonus! It’s not Jaycee Horn!!!!

• Like 6

Allen needs to work on his composure and in particular, against the blitz. Just too many boneheaded plays.

It was always a tough ask and I think that Singletary drop when they were up 9-7 and moving the ball decently just swung all the momentum. Brown and Beasley haven't really looked 100% these playoffs either and it really showed this week. Heaving it to Diggs again and again isn't going to be the answer if he's pressed and double covered.

Buffalo desperately needs a premier pass-rusher and to improve their running game. If Ngakoue isn't re-signed by Baltimore, they'd be nuts not to try and sign him.

8 hours ago, Counselor said:

16. Cuba- Christian Barmore INT Bama

Cuba needs Interior dline help. And Barmore has a boat load of potential but needs to be more consistent. He looked good in the NC game though and I think he has raised his stock enough to be considered here and fill a big need for Cuba. And bonus! It’s not Jaycee Horn!!!!

This also replaces Fletcher Cox. Barmore did impress me in the Natty.

• Like 1