Carson Wentz healthy scratch, requests trade

biggie.

33 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

His number one WR was Fulgum lol Roseman has been atrocious at drafting the line got old an injured. I completely agree.

I'd love to know the full dynamic though between Pederson and Wentz. It happened before this season Wentz used to have dinner Thursday nights with Doug that all changed. Idk how a guy can be mad at being benched door poor play it's part of being a professional.

The Mike Groh firing may be a part of this idk

Jalen Hurts was working with the same exact team and they showed signs of life.

Fact is Ben won two Super Bowls in his first five seasons and had an AFC Championship appearance. Wentz hasn't even completed a single playoff game and saw his backup win a Super Bowl.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Jalen Hurts was working with the same exact team and they showed signs of life.

Fact is Ben won two Super Bowls in his first five seasons and had an AFC Championship appearance. Wentz hasn't even completed a single playoff game and saw his backup win a Super Bowl.

Hurts is also way more mobile which was the catylst for that success if we're being blunt.

Also that Steelers first 5 seasons is such BS big Ben was a game manager back then he almost blew it for them in the superbowl.

I'm also positive that GM drafted more than one probowler in 7 years that being Carson Wentz.

On 1/3/2021 at 11:07 AM, biggie. said:

It's definitely buyers market here. That contract and the fact he's going to be a project warrants a noticeable discount.

I personally want no part of him. Mentally weak and a very slow processor.

Dont tell any Eagles fans I said this - but Wentz is top 3 talented. But he is so soft its a disgrace. Charmin. He is the anthesis of the black mamba. 

23 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, you can spare me the excuses. Ben had a long prime after his uneven early years to demonstrate what sort of QB he is. Wentz will have the same shot at bouncing back and establishing himself.

You're correct, he will. But there's one major difference between the two. Carson Wentz has literally the exact same flaws I was blogging about in Philadelphia when he was drafted. He's either deadly accurate or deadly inaccurate. While I said that's something you don't mind having in your 2nd year QB, having that issue as a 6th year QB is a concern. He still doesn't know how to protect himself as he's always looking for the big play... Unfortunately his body has shown too many times now that it's not built to take that beating. You're not Cam Newton dude, learn to slide, learn to eat the ball and live another day. And finally, very much related to the last thing, Wentz wants too much to play hero ball when sometimes he needs to play within the scheme and know the right spots to play hero ball. These have been the exact same issues since his first snaps in the NFL and nothing's changed. He needs to go somewhere that's not going to hold his hand and coach him out of these flaws.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

You're correct, he will. But there's one major difference between the two. Carson Wentz has literally the exact same flaws I was blogging about in Philadelphia when he was drafted. He's either deadly accurate or deadly inaccurate. While I said that's something you don't mind having in your 2nd year QB, having that issue as a 6th year QB is a concern. He still doesn't know how to protect himself as he's always looking for the big play... Unfortunately his body has shown too many times now that it's not built to take that beating. You're not Cam Newton dude, learn to slide, learn to eat the ball and live another day. And finally, very much related to the last thing, Wentz wants too much to play hero ball when sometimes he needs to play within the scheme and know the right spots to play hero ball. These have been the exact same issues since his first snaps in the NFL and nothing's changed. He needs to go somewhere that's not going to hold his hand and coach him out of these flaws.

I largely agree. My point in using Ben was to demonstrate that these sort of years aren't rare. People remember great QBs in their primes, not the less consistent players they were before that point. There are a number of other QBs I could use as examples. I'm not saying that Wentz is as good as Ben was or guaranteed to be as good as he is. Only that I think it's a mistake to write him off so quickly after one really bad year.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hurts demand a trade like seriously your DC preaches about the no hat rule and then that tank job happens? It's a joke that organization is fractured beyond repair rn Imo.

I think Jim Schwartz wanted out and the retirement is being nice. I mean he went for the Cleveland hc gig last year strange

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dont tell any Eagles fans I said this - but Wentz is top 3 talented. But he is so soft its a disgrace. Charmin. He is the anthesis of the black mamba. 

Don't you disrespect Charmin like that. Charmin can at least hold it together under duress. 

Wentz is whatever the baby soft but weak crapper paper they put in posh New England private school bathrooms. 

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hurts demand a trade like seriously your DC preaches about the no hat rule and then that tank job happens? It's a joke that organization is fractured beyond repair rn Imo.

I think Jim Schwartz wanted out and the retirement is being nice. I mean he went for the Cleveland hc gig last year strange

Once again for those who keep harping on the decision that apparently was made days before the game even started. Hurts can sit and spin.

The plan was always for Sudfeld to play, hence the real reason Wentz was inactive. Maybe if both offenses didn't suck, the game wouldn't have been so close? But hey lets buy into the tank montra. Fits the narrative!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Once again for those who keep harping on the decision that apparently was made days before the game even started. Hurts can sit and spin.

The plan was always for Sudfeld to play, hence the real reason Wentz was inactive. Maybe if both offenses didn't suck, the game wouldn't have been so close? But hey lets buy into the tank montra. Fits the narrative!

I'm not mad at the outcome Hurts deserved a chance to win that game you have guys putting their bodies on the line and it was a bad look.

Your DC said it was the not hat rule bro even he didn't get the memo they did a poor job conveying it to the players

• Like 1

Just now, thebestever6 said:

I'm not mad at the outcome Hurts deserved a chance to win that game you have guys putting their bodies on the line and it was a bad look.

Your DC said it was the not hat rule bro even he didn't get the memo they did a poor job conveying it to the players

I'm 100% positive Schwartz intentionally made that statement knowing that plan was in place. 

Why does Hurts deserve anything? Did you lhere the stat about his last 20 drives? If Sudfeld came and and balled out which has happened before, not one person is 2nd guessing the decision.  He didn't.  Call it nerves, trying to hard, who knows?

• Like 1