UPDATE: Arthur Smith Hired to be HC for Falcons

Titans fan 617

45 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know that, oddly enough, when you root for a bad team/unit, you almost take pride in "my team is worse than yours!"

Like...living in NYC with all these Jets fans all year..."we're the worst team ever! worse than any 0-16 team before! way worse! we'd lose 17 if we could!" (before winning 2 games and ending the season in obscurity)

I have never felt so helpless before than when watching this defense. We fail over and over and over. If there is a defense worse than ours...or if there has been in the past 15 years...I'd be curious to see it. this is THAT bad of a defense.

Ahh a fellow New Yorker. I left two years ago, but lived in Brooklyn for 10 years.

I never got the talk when your team is that bad. When the Titans were a trash heap under Whisenhunt I just stopped talking about them. Just look forward to the draft.

Just lower your expectations. Haha. Look at field goals as monumental wins with the offense we have. I am at peace with the defense being bad. Not going to beat my anxiety about into submission with the thought of it changing. After this last game I frame it as, wow, we got 4 sacks and int, that's something. Here's to a better draft on D and a DC who can work some magic.

18 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

So who do we look to replace him with? Maybe Anthony Lynn?

Would love Lynn, although if we hire him and have another great year on offense, good chance we have this same conversation again next year...not that that's a bad thing lol

Probably end up with Pat O'Hara or whoever it was Vrabel brought over from Houston to be the QB coach though.

lynn strikes me as kind of a weird choice. he has less than one year of experience as an actual offensive coordinator. he did run an offense based on inside and outside zone in buffalo, though i’m not sure what it looked like in LA.

8 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Do you all see any likely staff members he would target to take with him as OC/DC if he gets a HC job? 

It’s so tough because he’s been through so many different coaching staffs. Maybe O’Hara I guess? Can’t imagine him wanting to take anyone from the defensive staff with him lol.

Man if Art leaves my 1st choice is Jay Gruden, for the simple fact he runs the exact same offense, is from the Shanahan tree, a very good play caller with HC experience. I like Kevin Carter but at this point I feel we’re a DC & maybe 2 pieces away on defense from being a legit contender. Hiring Carter whom is unproven is a big gamble & we’re in the prime of Henry & Tannehill career we need a win now mentality at all cost 

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Man if Art leaves my 1st choice is Jay Gruden, for the simple fact he runs the exact same offense, is from the Shanahan tree, a very good play caller with HC experience. I like Kevin Carter but at this point I feel we’re a DC & maybe 2 pieces away on defense from being a legit contender. Hiring Carter whom is unproven is a big gamble & we’re in the prime of Henry & Tannehill career we need a win now mentality at all cost 

Ya I know they hit on Arthur Smith but it is a gamble to take another chance on the unknown 

There’s still that chance no one hires him 

Not sure which team actually pulls the trigger on telling their fan base “hey meet Arthur Smith he’s the guy to turn this franchise around”

Lions Falcons maybe 

Chargers would be a good get for him 

Curious to see who really is interested 

19 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Goodbye Arty boy

call me crazy, but i wouldnt be suprised to see arthur NOT get a job this offseason.. i think arthur is going through what we see a lot of coordinators go through. we saw the chiefs OC and 49ers DC go through this last year.. they were BOTH superbowl coordinators and everyone swore up and down they would land jobs last off season.. they did not.. they likely will this year.. i think art is gonna go through that because, frankly, he's the new kid on the block. he may very well get a job, but with those aforementioned coordinators, re tread guys like caldwell and lewis, Boles, etc, reportedly getting hard looks, maybe arthur gets a little more seasoning with us next year, which i think he needs. i dont think many of the "new" coordinators or first time interview guys, get many jobs this year. maybe ONE of them does get a job but maybe it is just one.. if i had to bet, id say arthur is back next year..

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

call me crazy, but i wouldnt be suprised to see arthur NOT get a job this offseason.. i think arthur is going through what we see a lot of coordinators go through. we saw the chiefs OC and 49ers DC go through this last year.. they were BOTH superbowl coordinators and everyone swore up and down they would land jobs last off season.. they did not.. they likely will this year.. i think art is gonna go through that because, frankly, he's the new kid on the block. he may very well get a job, but with those aforementioned coordinators, re tread guys like caldwell and lewis, Boles, etc, reportedly getting hard looks, maybe arthur gets a little more seasoning with us next year, which i think he needs. i dont think many of the "new" coordinators or first time interview guys, get many jobs this year. maybe ONE of them does get a job but maybe it is just one.. if i had to bet, id say arthur is back next year..

i don’t know that i’d go so far as to bet on him being back, but this is definitely possible. he’s interviewing everywhere but we haven’t yet heard any really strong buzz connecting him to a job. that could come in time, but we’ll see