Chargers fire HC Anthony Lynn

.Buzz

Feels like this is the best job available this offseason. Top tier young QB, elite cornerstones on defense as well (Bosa and maybe Derwin James if he can stay healthy). Big market team. Crappy ownership probably the only thing holding them back, but a good hire here could really set them up long-term. 

• Like 1

The Chargers and firing coaches with a +.500 record - quite the duo. I'm really not sure what made people turn on Lynn. Maybe the fact he wanted Tyrod over Justin Herbert from the start (which actually did make sense at the time)? Maybe some game-management decisions (playing safe in certain games, like against KC)? His teams have been fairly successful despite having major injury problems, so idk.

Chargers and Jaguars are the most preferable destinations if I'm a HC coming in, so they should land a good candidate.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Chargers and firing coaches with a +.500 record - quite the duo. I'm really not sure what made people turn on Lynn. Maybe the fact he wanted Tyrod over Justin Herbert from the start (which actually did make sense at the time)? Maybe some game-management decisions (playing safe in certain games, like against KC)? His teams have been fairly successful despite having major injury problems, so idk.

Chargers and Jaguars are the most preferable destinations if I'm a HC coming in, so they should land a good candidate.

It’s the game management issues. As well as his conservative approach in general. Great guy though. If he can learn to fix those two areas, he can definitely be a good HC.

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

I wonder if Lynn still regrets not starting Tyrod over Herbert, might still have his job...the would’ve’s and could’ve’s of coaching football...

What would be the difference? Herbert probably gets the passing record but the record would still be 7-9.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Easily the worst in game manager at HC at the level of NFL, NCAA, AFL, and XFL. 

Just now, Xenos said:

What would be the difference? Herbert probably gets the passing record but the record would still be 7-9.

‘Twas a joke. Just shows more of Lynn’s deficiencies and his struggles when making decisions as the head guy. He’s a hell of a guy so I hope he lands, and assume he will, some sweet gig with a good team, maybe back to RB coach? Wasn’t that his old position?