Rams at Seahawks - Wild Card

RamRod

On 1/5/2021 at 10:47 PM, LeotheLion said:

I think if it's Wolf, Goff isn't going to be active. If he's too hurt to not start I don't know why he'd be an option. 

We have Goff waiting in reserve if Wolf can't handle the pressure. He's suited up so healthy enough to play, but McVay loves him some Wolford.

2 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

wolford starts.
and goff is fit enough to keep bortles inactive.
mcvay is done with goff. great.

McVay isn’t done with Goff. That’s ridiculous. What would you say if Wolford sucked it up last week, Rams lost but back into the playoffs because Bears lost and McVay started Goff even though he knows Goff isn’t quite ready yet?  

Wolford did a lot of great things that McVay has extreme confidence in him. Plus he brings that running threat that will frustrate Seattle defense at times. Trust me if the Rams get past Seattle Goff will be starting. I can’t see a scenario short of Nick Foles NFCCG and Superbowl run where Wolford starts at the rest of the playoffs if the Rams keep advancing. 

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

We have Goff waiting in reserve if Wolf can't handle the pressure. He's suited up so healthy enough to play, but McVay loves him some Wolford.

This will be one of the most scrutinized decisions if it doesn't work but there's some factors of this decision that make me okay with it. Mainly Goff and the Rams O aren't good coming off a bye week. If Goff wasn't getting reps this week that acts as a bye. I'd be very nervous on a slow start by him. The Bortles being inactive really is what surprises me though. Even if they think Goff could go, seems too risky if it came to that. 

Just now, LeotheLion said:

This will be one of the most scrutinized decisions if it doesn't work but there's some factors of this decision that make me okay with it. Mainly Goff and the Rams O aren't good coming off a bye week. If Goff wasn't getting reps this week that acts as a bye. I'd be very nervous on a slow start by him. The Bortles being inactive really is what surprises me though. Even if they think Goff could go, seems too risky if it came to that. 

It will be and should be. I'm shocked. I thought after Wednesday Goff was a lock. I really think McVay just loves Wolford and what he can do within this offense. If he looks overwhelmed I wonder how long his leash is. 

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

It will be and should be. I'm shocked. I thought after Wednesday Goff was a lock. I really think McVay just loves Wolford and what he can do within this offense. If he looks overwhelmed I wonder how long his leash is. 

No way is Wolford starting if Goff is 100%. 

• Like 3

Just now, holt_bruce81 said:

No way is Wolford starting if Goff is 100%. 

There is certainly a way. Goff may have some issue with the cold or taking snaps, but we heard all week and in pregame he looked good. One ball 60 yards in the air. We will likely know more during/after the game from announcers.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I'm going to hope for the best. I wonder if Goff is having issues under center. 

He possibly could be. All I know is Wilson and Carroll has lost to these Rams QBs not named Goff: Davis, Bradford, Foles, and Keenum twice. Can you imagine if they lose to Wolford especially in the playoffs at home? 

I think Wolford will be fine today. The poise he showed in a big spot last week where the Rams had to have it. I know it’s Brady but before he was Brady how many people gave the Pats a chance to win when Bledsoe got hurt and Brady had to come into the game to win? People gave up on the Rams when Green got hurt in the preseason and Warner had to go the distance. When Wentz went down in 2017 nobody thought Foles would lead the Eagles anywhere. So I’m confident McVay knows what he is doing.  Let’s go Rams.

I know it’s simple but the key to this game is the Rams forcing a turnover. The Rams lost to the Jets and they didn’t force a turnover. They lost to the Seahawks and they didn’t force a turnover. If the Rams can force a turnover it will be huge for them because yes we know the defense can get after teams but when it’s really rolling it’s when the back end are intercepting balls and/or the front seven is causing fumbles. 

I think Wolford will make plays. It’s now up to guys like Akers to not to fumble at the goal line  or Everett to not drop perfectly thrown balls in the end zone or the OL to not constantly have pre snap penalties in the redzone. The Seahawks defense has been playing well lately but remember that they basically still have the same personnel for when they were terrible. It’s not like they overhauled their defense. It still can be had. I believe McVay can make them pay all the Rams players have to do is execute. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Wolford is basically playing for his back up job for next year or for starting job. 

Backup. Don’t be fooled by what Foles did and he had the best two game playoff stretch in history of the NFL. Guess what??? He isn’t a starting QB. He is a great backup. Wolford unless he turns out to be what Brady was in the Belichick system as a 6th round draft pick who came for an injured Bledsoe and never looked back they then all Wolford is going to be is a very nice backup to have that McVay will be extremely confident to go too in times like this. 

16 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

All I know is Wilson and Carroll has lost to these Rams QBs not named Goff: Davis, Bradford, Foles, and Keenum twice. Can you imagine if they lose to Wolford especially in the playoffs at home? 

None of that has been in the playoffs though