Browns HC Kevin Stefanski & four others test postive for COVID-19

MWil23

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Its definitely a strange situation. There are serious rules about cell communications between coaches inside the stadium - it was either CLE or ATL that got busted for it and fines were levied. The NFL is so uptight about it, they use scanners during the game to make sure no communications/ unknown bandwidths are communicating during the contest.

So its a big no-no from the leagues' POV and maybe that's why such a simple solution hasn't been pursued.
There has to be a work-around

Im more or less just want the league to put Stefanski in a isolated booth where he can still call plays in the headset from up top. Doubt it though, if somebody has Covid, I assume they want them as far away from the stadium as possibe

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Or you know, use Zoom or something.

But still, it would be a pretty massive disadvantage. Also assumes Stefanski isn't experiencing symptoms.

Have we learned nothing from Community?  iPad duct taped to a broomstick secured to an RC car!

MV5BODQzZjJkZWUtYmIzMC00NDk3LThjNmYtY2I0

Granted, it is a reference from the last season - which we like to pretend didn't exist, but still...

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im more or less just want the league to put Stefanski in a isolated booth where he can still call plays in the headset from up top. Doubt it though, if somebody has Covid, I assume they want them as far away from the stadium as possibe

That's what I'm saying. Modern problems require modern solutions. Having a quarantined playoff coach still be communicating with the team in real-time should be doable. 

2 hours ago, rich homie said:

Also you can't just postpone one playoff game back a week right? It would have to be every single one of them.

It would have to be evenly distributed postponement league-wide in order to ensure competitive fairness.  The double-edged sword bit to this is... it creates an additional week wherein players/coaches on the team or other playoff teams could test positive.  I hate the term, but it's a slippery slope not matter how you approach it.

• Like 1

Just now, The LBC said:

It would have to be evenly distributed postponement league-wide in order to ensure competitive fairness.  The double-edged sword bit to this is... it creates an additional week wherein players/coaches on the team or other playoff teams could test positive.  I hate the term, but it's a slippery slope not matter how you approach it.

At this point the league will do nothing.

Buckle in and hope your team tests negative.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FinSting said:

That's what I'm saying. Modern problems require modern solutions. Having a quarantined playoff coach still be communicating with the team in real-time should be doable. 

Yeah but whatever,  hopefully this is able to motivate the players to catch lightning in a bottle and pull a upset. Run Run Playaction, Run Run Playaction, Run Run Playaction 

19 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Its definitely a strange situation. There are serious rules about cell communications between coaches inside the stadium - it was either CLE or ATL that got busted for it and fines were levied.

It was with Ray Farmer (I can't believe he's getting an interview LOL) communicating with Pettine. The same doofus who drafted Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel. Dude was a clown.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At this point the league will do nothing.

Buckle in and hope your team tests negative.

True, but this was pretty much established pretty early in the season.  We can hang (some) blame on the league forh the logistics put in place, but equally we have to hold the individuals concerned with responsibility for not taking all the precautions they were able to in order to prevent exposure.

12 minutes ago, The LBC said:

True, but this was pretty much established pretty early in the season.  We can hang (some) blame on the league forh the logistics put in place, but equally we have to hold the individuals concerned with responsibility for not taking all the precautions they were able to in order to prevent exposure.

For sure, it’s not all on the league.

The league should have followed the lead of the NBA and had prospective playoff teams start to bubble up a couple weeks ago.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For sure, it’s not all on the league.

The league should have followed the lead of the NBA and had prospective playoff teams start to bubble up a couple weeks ago.

Sadly, I don't think the NBA model was even feasible for the NFL though.  NBA you're talking about teams (not including staffs) of ~20 players - where your average team runs around a 12-13 man rotation.  NFL, you're talking more than double that and that's before we even start counting practice squad/scout team players; and larger coaching staffs as well.  Multiply that by 32 teams and there's just way, way more moving parts.

• Like 1