Browns HC Kevin Stefanski & four others test postive for COVID-19

MWil23

5 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Sadly, I don't think the NBA model was even feasible for the NFL though.  NBA you're talking about teams (not including staffs) of ~20 players - where your average team runs around a 12-13 man rotation.  NFL, you're talking more than double that and that's before we even start counting practice squad/scout team players; and larger coaching staffs as well.  Multiply that by 32 teams and there's just way, way more moving parts.

Definitely harder, and I didn’t mean for all 32.  I meant just playoff hopeful teams starting a week or two ago. I realize some teams had issues early, but it’s a whole different animal to have a win or go home type game impacted.

It might not be the same type of bubble, but perhaps just quarantining at a hotel as a team and only leaving on team busses/planes.

Not perfect, but better than “good luck y’all”

Players need to be smarter though too. 

I mean that really sucks that they miss their first playoff game in decades, I really feel for Cleveland. I mean pretty sure Pittsburgh wins this game regardless, but at least Cleveland would of controlled their own destiny. 

And the game should not be rescheduled. The only games eligible for reschedule should be the Conference Championships and Super Bowls, as there would be tons of wiggle room. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Definitely harder, and I didn’t mean for all 32.  I meant just playoff hopeful teams starting a week or two ago. I realize some teams had issues early, but it’s a whole different animal to have a win or go home type game impacted.

It might not be the same type of bubble, but perhaps just quarantining at a hotel as a team and only leaving on team busses/planes.

Not perfect, but better than “good luck y’all”

Players need to be smarter though too. 

The thing is, as recently as 2-3 weeks ago half the league were potential playoff teams.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The LBC said:

True, but this was pretty much established pretty early in the season.  We can hang (some) blame on the league forh the logistics put in place, but equally we have to hold the individuals concerned with responsibility for not taking all the precautions they were able to in order to prevent exposure.

You can only take so many precautions. Masks aren't 100% effective. I think 95% if used correctly by both parties. So 19 out of 20 times you are protected, if a coach is contagious and has conversations with 60 players and coaches odds are 3 will still be infected. Maybe no one will. Maybe 8 will.

There is no sure way to work in the NFL and protect yourself 100%.

• Like 1

I think they should move the game up to tomorrow.

More positive tests for the Browns' is just going to lower their chances of winning.

If 15 players test positive and they move the game back a week those 15 still aren't playing and only increases the chance that more players become infected.

Move the game to Tomorrow!

Eh, nothing will happen. Hopefully no more positive tests.

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I feel like, in 2 hours, I could come up with a plan to let the coaches be isolated, in the stadium, in direct communication w/ their team/coaches.

How is that not a thing?

I agree with you, but also - this game is in pittsburgh, which means stefanski and others would have to travel and stay in a hotel - which means entering/exiting the hotel while actively shedding the virus, which would undoubtedly put people's lives at risk 

While this is a very important playoff game for Cleveland, it is not worth people dying over. Its football. Football shouldn't be life or death. 

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

I agree with you, but also - this game is in pittsburgh, which means stefanski and others would have to travel and stay in a hotel - which means entering/exiting the hotel while actively shedding the virus, which would undoubtedly put people's lives at risk 

While this is a very important playoff game for Cleveland, it is not worth people dying over. Its football. Football shouldn't be life or death. 

Yeah there’s no way he’s going to be allowed in the stadium, if for nothing else than liability.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah there’s no way he’s going to be allowed in the stadium, if for nothing else than liability.

Okay, so just have him coach via zoom call. Have a robot drive around with a monitor with his face on it on the sidelines.

COME ON, PEOPLE. IT'S 2021 THE FUTURE IS NOW.

• Like 3