Texans hire Nick Caserio as GM

Drained

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I read on profootball talk they were gonna hire Khan from pittsburgh but Easterby went to mcnairs house personally and made up the Panthers were going to hire Casario . Then his agent called mcnair.

I also heard Khan was the leader with Korn Ferry - and he was high on my list.

I sincerely don't understand how Easterby can hold THAT much power over McNair. Maybe McNair confided something to Easterby that would lead to reputational damage (drug habit, infidelity, etc) and McNair is being blackmailed?

Doesn't change that Cal is an idiot, but that's all I can think of.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I sincerely don't understand how Easterby can hold THAT much power over McNair. Maybe McNair confided something to Easterby that would lead to reputational damage (drug habit, infidelity, etc) and McNair is being blackmailed?

Idk the stuff being leaked just keeps getting worse and worse lol Deshaun can't be happy .

I don't think the Texans are woke enough for him .

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Idk the stuff being leaked just keeps getting worse and worse lol Deshaun can't be happy .

I don't think the Texans are woke enough for him .

Right out of the gates, Caserio has his work cut out for him - and that has nothing to do with no draft picks or a precarious cap situation.

If he can pull this off and get Deshaun buying in, he'll earn a bunch of good will from both players and fans.

I have low expectations, but I have some hope. I'm choosing to believe in Nick.

50 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don’t think Easterby has anything over McNair. I think he just has that level of charisma and persuasion over someone like McNair. It probably helps that Easterby  was a former chaplain. Remember the SI article does mention how magnetic he is to certain people.