Jump to content

Texans hire Nick Caserio as GM


Recommended Posts

Just now, ET80 said:

So, I think this settles it. Bob McNair died and Jack Easterby is now the owner of the Houston Texans.

I just don't know how you continue down this path man...brutal. Especially after Watson and Watt's comments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I just don't know how you continue down this path man...brutal. Especially after Watson and Watt's comments.

Because despite the fact that Caserio is ultimately a patriots retread, we aren't going to have a GM who trades away a superstar WR and attempts to build the roster with PS safeties and draft busts. So its on the up. 

Edited by Drained
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Drained said:

Team paid a million for a search firm to build a list to only disregard it ultimately and hire Nick Caserio. Ok. We are officially a poverty franchise.

man....i saw someone in the other thread compare this to the coaching search where the titans hired mularkey but this might actually be worse. they hired an entire search firm and one dude just tossed it all out the window?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Who exactly is Jack Easterby and what is his role with the Texans?

So they hired a search firm and Easterby said **** it and went with Caserio?

If you've ever seen GOT he's Little Finger.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Drained said:

Because despite the fact that Caserio is ultimately a patriots retread, we aren't going to have a GM who trades away a superstar WR and attempts to build the roster with PS safeties and draft busts.

Caserio may work out, who knows. But the fact he wasn't part of the search (which indicates that guy got in McNair's ear) AND comes from the same cloth you've had for the past 8 years is...not a great sign for change.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

man....i saw someone in the other thread compare this to the coaching search where the titans hired mularkey but this might actually be worse. they hired an entire search firm and one dude just tossed it all out the window?

That was me and yeah, this is far worse. It’s clear Easterbay still has a big role with the franchise, which has to be beyond disheartening for Texans fans.

Maybe they can right this wrong but getting a quality HC like Saleh or Bieniemy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...