Texans hire Nick Caserio as GM

Drained

52 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

The drafting a pro bowler argument is so stupid. They played in the super bowl almost every year- therefore no pro bowlers. 

Also I get there's "Patriot South" fatigue, but in a vacuum I think Caserio is a great higher. Read about his backgroud before you make judgements, his resume is impressive and he wore a TON of hats in the Patriots Org. 

Isn't that an indication of how legendary the coaching is?

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

The drafting a pro bowler argument is so stupid. They played in the super bowl almost every year- therefore no pro bowlers. 

If you’re voted into the Pro Bowl, you count as a Pro Bowler whether you play or not. So no, that doesn’t explain it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

What I will say though is that Watson probably needed to exert some leverage during those contract negotiations to get assurances from ownership about the direction of the team, specifically as it relates to this sketchy Jack Easterby character.

I think that's what he's doing now...

This is in contrast to his statement from Sunday after the Titans loss...

https://sports.yahoo.com/houston-texans-deshaun-watson-coach-interview-culture-shift-bill-obrien-jj-watt-014529221.html

(Please note - Jack Easterby officially is the Texans "culture coach").

"We just need a whole culture shift,” Watson said Monday, via the Houston Chronicle. “We just need new energy. We just need discipline. We need structure. We need a leader so we can follow that leader as players.”

“We’ve all got to be on the same page,” Watson said, via ESPN. “There’s too many different minds, too many different ideas and too many people thinking they have this power, and it’s not like that. We need someone that stands tall, and this is who we follow and this is the way it goes.”

You don't have to be in depth with the Texans to see who he's talking about. So, 72 or so hours after Watson says this, Easterby gets HIS guy and... Well, Watson posts on his Twitter (which was liked by JJ Watt and Tytus Howard).

It's going to be dysfunctional and messy... Moreso than it was during BoB's time here.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think that's what he's doing now...

This is in contrast to his statement from Sunday after the Titans loss...

https://sports.yahoo.com/houston-texans-deshaun-watson-coach-interview-culture-shift-bill-obrien-jj-watt-014529221.html

(Please note - Jack Easterby officially is the Texans "culture coach").

"We just need a whole culture shift,” Watson said Monday, via the Houston Chronicle. “We just need new energy. We just need discipline. We need structure. We need a leader so we can follow that leader as players.”

“We’ve all got to be on the same page,” Watson said, via ESPN. “There’s too many different minds, too many different ideas and too many people thinking they have this power, and it’s not like that. We need someone that stands tall, and this is who we follow and this is the way it goes.”

You don't have to be in depth with the Texans to see who he's talking about. So, 72 or so hours after Watson says this, Easterby gets HIS guy and... Well, Watson posts on his Twitter (which was liked by JJ Watt and Tytus Howard).

It's going to be dysfunctional and messy... Moreso than it was during BoB's time here.

It sounds like Watson wants to get Jay Cutler'ed.

I feel Caserio will be great there if he doesn't sign McDaniels. I love Josh but world would conspire against if he had another Pats alumni coaching the Texans. All I heard about Caserio during the past years is that he's very knowledgeable about football, much higher than the average FO in the NFL. He needs to fix both lines and that alone will make the Texans 10 times better.

Also NFL is full of talent in the WR position and more are incoming thru draft. Sign one WR1 (fuller not that guy, not overspending on fuller will be the first sign that he'll do good) and Texans will be back in the playoffs.

Not as easy as I laid down but considering O'Brien left Houston a mess I feel Caserio will rebuild the team pretty fast. #justafeeling

2 minutes ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

He needs to fix both lines and that alone will make the Texans 10 times better.

I'll concede the DL needs a complete overhaul, but I think - from a talent perspective - the OL is fine. 

I think people will see an uptick along the OL once a new OL coach is brought in; Mike Devlin is a very bad position coach, people who watch film on the Texans constantly ask "what sort of assignment is this OL trying to do?

Devlin was overly complex, and wasn't interested in coaching guys up. An actual OL coach (hopefully this "Patriots Way 2.0" will get Dante Scarneccia out of retirement) has a ton of talent to mold into a formidable unit. 

6 minutes ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Also NFL is full of talent in the WR position and more are incoming thru draft. Sign one WR1 (fuller not that guy, not overspending on fuller will be the first sign that he'll do good) and Texans will be back in the playoffs.

Clicked post too early...

I actually agree with you - don't overspend on Will Fuller. Given the injury issues and PED suspensions, I could see Fuller ink a deal in the same ballpark as Carolina WR Robby Anderson - 2/$20mm. 

If Fuller wants more than that, welp - fare thee well, sir Fuller the 5th.

1 hour ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

I feel Caserio will be great there if he doesn't sign McDaniels. I love Josh but world would conspire against if he had another Pats alumni coaching the Texans.

You know McDaniels will be keen on getting out of the situation he's in now, trying to make something out of a QB who if he throws more than 150 yards you're genuinely pleasantly surprised, 

Going from Cam to Watson will be very very alluring.