-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

5 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

And you saying he's fixable is what, beside optimistic? 

I'm in for weighing all the options:

-Swap Wentz plus extras for Watson

-Draft a QB with the 6th pick after trading Carson/Hurts

-Bring in a coach guru and hope the stubborn SOB returns to pre-injury 2017

-Roll the dice on Hurts trade Carson for pieces and play good defense with a run game

-Bring in a vet and roll with Carson/vet to ride out his contract until its financially feasible to detach. 

If I'm an offensive coach (which I believe I am), I don't know if I take a job where responsibility number 1 is to fix a QB who doesn't see he's broken or uncoachable. 

Texans aren't trading Watson
Don't trade up, if Wilson or Fields fall to 6, maybe.
Why do you hate Wentz?
Hurts showed honestly nothing to be optimistic about.

You give Wentz ONE season to fix things. Doug is just as much at fault as Carson is dude.

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Hahaha there's really no good way to bring it up. I felt bad even asking her basic questions about her job after I found out what she did for a living.

send her pictures of head coaching candidates and ask if you've met any of these guys recently

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 11:20 AM, WheatieMan said:

It’s time to make the change. Lurie should have fired him at the end of last week and demoted Howie to salary cap guy. Promote from within for the GM job or take a scout out from Pittsburg, Dallas or somewhere else.

Made the right decision. I think the Judge commentary had a hand in expediting this in addition to how shocking the tank was.

More importantly, Doug had no more influence in the front office and locker room, more so than the Sudfield debacle.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Uh I mean daboll also coached Hurts before and would be the best guy to fix wentz. so i don't know.

I guess I'm thinking of it more from a mental standpoint. If he breaks when they take Hurts in the draft, and then they bring in the last guy to coach him I'd imagine it would be taken personally. 

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I don't see much in Hurts so I wouldn't really like this hire. If you hire him you trade Carson for sure. Rather hire somebody to help Carson.

I mean Hurts did get thrown into a dysfunctional offense his rookie seaosn when he himself was a developmental guy. I don't think he showed enough to the be the unquestioned guy moving forward but I also think he played decent enough. Could see Lurie going with him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jlash said:

I guess I'm thinking of it more from a mental standpoint. If he breaks when they take Hurts in the draft, and then they bring in the last guy to coach him I'd imagine it would be taken personally. 

Lurie's rebuilding team comments make me think they lean towards getting rid of Wentz anyway. 

If howie did nothing wrong that means doug and wentz were the problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I honestly cannot see the Texans coming in and making any trade involving Wentz for Watson. Pretty sure you are going to really need to sweep them off their feet to get Watson and in turn give them Carson's contract. That's gonna be alot.

Frankly you guys' have zero leverage as it pertains to Carson Wentz.

Best chance for Carson is for him to retool his contract, as some QBs have done. If he wants to leave that badly.

If they can get his contract to be moveable he has way more value.

Texans are in a real bad spot, trading for Wentz could be a bad attempt to placate fans after destroying their relationship with Wason.
That said I don't think we have the capital to trade for him, I think it'd be a seperate move if anything. A team like the Jets or Washington make way more sense. Broncos, Niners and Pats too.