-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

16 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I mean Hurts did get thrown into a dysfunctional offense his rookie seaosn when he himself was a developmental guy. I don't think he showed enough to the be the unquestioned guy moving forward but I also think he played decent enough. Could see Lurie going with him. 

I just wonder what his ceiling is. I think ppl dream about him being the next Russell Wilson too much. He looked meh but I'd be willing to see what he can do next year. Wentz is my #1 priority though TBH.

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I just wonder what his ceiling is. I think ppl dream about him being the next Russell Wilson too much. He looked meh but I'd be willing to see what he can do next year. Wentz is my #1 priority though TBH.

remember fixing qbs that played as bad as wentz this past year isn't a thing. Like there is no precedent for it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jlash said:

If this were true, this means Wentz would be officially done right? 

23 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I don't see much in Hurts so I wouldn't really like this hire. If you hire him you trade Carson for sure. Rather hire somebody to help Carson.

You aren't hiring Riley for Hurts, you aren't hiring anyone for Hurts.
I wouldn't hire anyone based on a single person on this roster. The only person in the building who I think should be untouchable is Stoutland.

You hire Riley because he's produced 2 back to back Heisman winning QBs, then got Hurts for a year and made him a 2nd place finisher in that voting. With another in Rattler who's on the shortlist for next year.
Because you want a college guy who's been at the front of offensive progression to come into the league that has increasingly become more like the college game. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

You aren't hiring Riley for Hurts, you aren't hiring anyone for Hurts.
I wouldn't hire anyone based on a single person on this roster. The only person in the building who I think should be untouchable is Stoutland.

You hire Riley because he's produced 2 back to back Heisman winning QBs, then got Hurts for a year and made him a 2nd place finisher in that voting. With another in Rattler who's on the shortlist for next year.
Because you want a college guy who's been at the front of offensive progression to come into the league that has increasingly become more like the college game. 

I mean you specifically might believe this, but I think if Lurie and Roseman bring Riley in, they're bringing him in for Hurts. It's widely believed that Hurts was a Roseman pick.

24 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Best chance for Carson is for him to retool his contract, as some QBs have done. If he wants to leave that badly.

If they can get his contract to be moveable he has way more value.

Texans are in a real bad spot, trading for Wentz could be a bad attempt to placate fans after destroying their relationship with Wason.
That said I don't think we have the capital to trade for him, I think it'd be a seperate move if anything. A team like the Jets or Washington make way more sense. Broncos, Niners and Pats too.

I’m a Washington fan and I’m just not sure if it could happen.

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean you specifically might believe this, but I think if Lurie and Roseman bring Riley in, they're bringing him in for Hurts. It's widely believed that Hurts was a Roseman pick.

Most of the beat writers who have talked about it have echoed the same.

You don't hire a head coach for something like that. You hire him because he's good with QBs and scheming an offense.
Hurts is one of those QBs for us, so some crossover there, but wouldn't be THE reason to hire Riley. You hire him because of him.

It's not like Chip and Mariota.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Most of the beat writers who have talked about it have echoed the same.

You don't hire a head coach for something like that. You hire him because he's good with QBs and scheming an offense.
Hurts is one of those QBs for us, so some crossover there, but wouldn't be THE reason to hire Riley. You hire him because of him.

It's not like Chip and Mariota.

Yeah but I'm saying that's okay for you and us to think that way. I just don't think that's how Howie and Lurie would think. I think if they bring him in its for Hurts. Regardless of what we want. I wish it would be the way that you're saying, bc I agree.

Just now, AustrianEagle said:

I'd love Lincoln Riley, dont get my hopes this high

Was reading through some stuff, apparently him and Roseman have some sort of relationship.

Roseman and the Eagles have cultivated a good relationship with Riley, who is one of the nation’s top college coaches.

Two years ago, the Eagles were considering drafting Oklahoma offensive tackle Orlando Brown in the second round, but viewed him as more of a right tackle than a left tackle, and they weren’t really interested in moving Lane Johnson back to the left side at this stage of his career.

Riley agreed with their assessment of Brown and the Eagles ended up drafting tight end Dallas Goedert, who has quickly emerged as one of the league’s top all-around tight ends. The Baltimore Ravens took Brown in the third round. He’s been their starting right tackle for the last two seasons.

In an interview with the Inquirer in late May, Riley said the Eagles, “were very detailed in the discussions and the homework that they did’' on Hurts. “They’ve got a plan for him,’' he said. “I think it’s a great situation for him.

“With Carson being there, he’s going to get an opportunity to learn from one of the best quarterbacks in the league. Jalen is a team player and a sponge. He’ll soak up everything he can.‘'

Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley influenced the Eagles' decision to select Jalen Hurts in the NFL draft.
JEFFREY MCWHORTER / AP
Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley influenced the Eagles' decision to select Jalen Hurts in the NFL draft.

Riley even had some influence in the Eagles’ decision to take TCU wide receiver Jalen Reagor in the first round. Riley had recruited Reagor when he was a high school star at Waxahachie (Texas) High School. His team also played against him for three years in the Big 12. He spoke glowingly of him to Eagles scouts when they talked to him about Hurts. He indicated that Reagor would’ve been a 100-catch-a-year receiver. in Oklahoma’s offense.

Hurts had an impressive 69.7 completion percentage at Oklahoma last season, threw 32 touchdown passes, and averaged 11.3 yards per attempt. He also ran for 1,298 yards and 20 touchdowns. His 52 total touchdowns were seven more than Lamar Jackson had his last year at Louisville in 2017.

Hurts’ dual-threat ability definitely was one of the things that appealed to the Eagles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah but I'm saying that's okay for you and us to think that way. I just don't think that's how Howie and Lurie would think. I think if they bring him in its for Hurts. Regardless of what we want. I wish it would be the way that you're saying, bc I agree.

I do because they have thought about this in the past. Granted there was no one to one like Riley and Hurts would be.
But it seems pretty small minded to focus on that. I don't think the decision making process is entirely devoid of that discussion, just like can he fix Wentz. And it would be mentioned in an introductory press conference. But you hire a head coach because you think he is best at the job (that you can get). Not based around can he get the most out of a 2nd day Qb that won one game.