-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

It wasn’t just the last game, it’s every game that the playaction isn’t working he can’t adjust. 

They were 3rd in total offense, and 4th in scoring despite having a poor defense. They put up at least 20 points in 13 games this season, at least 30 in 10 games.

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

No way that happens, I think we fired Doug to go with a younger coach that’s more innovative 

I'm sure we did but when they all say no then we're going to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel. It's going to be someone like Staley, Caldwell, Lewis or someone who shouldn't even be a HC like Kafka. 

I think the Eagles Job is the most enticing.

Carson Wentz is an elite talent that needs the right coach to design an offense that fits his strengths

Miles Sanders and Dallas Goedert are emerging stars

The Line when healthy looks like an above average group especially with Mailata having a great 2020 season and Brooks and Lane and potentially kelce back

We have the 6th Pick 

Slay is a solid #1 CB and Fletch anchors a really good D Line. 

Just now, eagles18 said:

Carson Wentz is an elite talent that needs the right coach to design an offense that fits his strengths

The Line when healthy looks like an above average group especially with Mailata having a great 2020 season and Brooks and Lane and potentially kelce back

We have the 6th Pick 

It’s not. This organization is a hot friggin mess 

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I'm sure we did but when they all say no then we're going to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel. It's going to be someone like Staley, Caldwell, Lewis or someone who shouldn't even be a HC like Kafka. 

There are only 7 jobs open in the NFL for a HC. I could understand someone like Lincoln Riley turning us down, but these coordinators are not going to turn down the Eagles just cause. We aren't the plague like some people on this board are trying to portray us as. There are plenty of good candidates out there for us to choose from. We might not get our first choice, but there is no way we are forced to higher someone we just don't want. 

3 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

We have the 6th Pick 

Is this what being delusional looks like?

2 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

We have the 6th Pick 

It is far from the most enticing. Not even close. It definitely isn't as bad as some people say it is though. It is probs right behind Atlanta's and ahead of Detroit and Houston's openings. 

Jags have the best situation bar none. Trevor Lawrence guaranteed, tons of draft capital and salary cap to bring in whomever you want year one. Think that is the reason Urban Meyer is being linked there so heavily.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

There are only 7 jobs open in the NFL for a HC. I could understand someone like Lincoln Riley turning us down, but these coordinators are not going to turn down the Eagles just cause. We aren't the plague like some people on this board are trying to portray us as. There are plenty of good candidates out there for us to choose from. We might not get our first choice, but there is no way we are forced to higher someone we just don't want. 

There's 3 top flight, young offensive coordinators - just 3. Arthur Smith, Daboll and Joe Brady (this is a stretch). Anything other then that is second tier, IMO. 

None of these defensive coordinator candidates move the needle given the mess our quarterbacks are and that our offense is. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

There's 3 top flight, young offensive coordinators - just 3. Arthur Smith, Daboll and Joe Brady (this is a stretch). Anything other then that is second tier, IMO. 

None of these defensive coordinator candidates move the needle given the mess our quarterbacks are and that our offense is. 

The HC doesn't need to be some QB whisperer. He needs to be a leader who can instill a good culture and bring in the right people for the job. Would I prefer the best offensive mind to come here? Of course, but this is far from a situation where we are absolutely lost if we don't get one of three guys.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The HC doesn't need to be some QB whisperer.

This is usually correct - however, we have one of the worst QB situations of all time. We have a quarterback, who is getting paid like a franchise quarterback and is played like a third string quarterback last year. Then we have our 2nd round pick quarterback, who is more deadly with his legs then his ability to pass and he played like a backup quarterback. 

The #1 thing a new coach has to do is be able to fix Wentz or develop Hurts. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Absolutely qualified, but I prefer offensive guys, personally.

I like Saleh but I feel like you almost have to go with an offensive guy. Everything is about offense in the NFL today. If they get a good OC then he'll quickly be poached for a HC job. DCs aren't poached as often for HC jobs. I feel like as soon as the team got in a good spot on offense they would be restarting by looking for a new OC. 

7 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

This is usually correct - however, we have one of the worst QB situations of all time. We have a quarterback, who is getting paid like a franchise quarterback and is played like a third string quarterback last year. Then we have our 2nd round pick quarterback, who is more deadly with his legs then his ability to pass and he played like a backup quarterback. 

The #1 thing a new coach has to do is be able to fix Wentz or develop Hurts. 

So are we crediting Mike Vrabel or Sean McDermott with developing Tannehill/Allen? You can higher the right person to fix the QB without having him be a HC. This idea that we have to limit ourselves to one coach archetype is just silly. Again, would it be ideal? Yes. Is it the ONLY option? Absolutely not. Hire the person who will be the best coach and figure it out from there.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 4