Jump to content

NFC Divizional Round: Rams at Packers


Recommended Posts

My only concern in this game is how the packers come out of the gate. I assume the Rams after an intense game are ready to go but with a week of rest how do the packers start the game? I’m interested in the OL vs DL of LA. 

Edited by Reaper
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

We sure Goff is even gonna start? I'm hoping he does but with Wolford being OK, wouldn't be surprised if the Rams went back to him as the starter this week

Pros and cons for each. Goff can't move and has the bad thumb. Wolford could hurt us on the ground a little more, but he's still a guy who has barely played any NFL football, playing in a huge playoff game. 

I'd take Wolford. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Pros and cons for each. Goff can't move and has the bad thumb. Wolford could hurt us on the ground a little more, but he's still a guy who has barely played any NFL football, playing in a huge playoff game.  I'd take Wolford. 

Wolford gives them variety on offense Goff cant - but Goff's been to a SB.
I'd be surprised if a guy that was put in an ambulance and carted off to a hospital with a head/neck injury plays a week later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ramsey is a great player. That being said, I really hope Rodgers doesn't treat him like he's treated Sherman in the past and basically not even try to go after him at all. Can't do that in this game. Ramsey is a very aggressive CB. Assuming we have time up front, I'd test him deep early on. 

Edited by packfanfb
Link to post
Share on other sites

Adams vs Ramsey is going to be awesome. Obviously each fan base is going to be 100% confident in their guy, as they should be. 

We should be doing as poor of a job maintaining the field this week as possible ha. The Rams have had 0 cold games this year. We saw the advantage it gave us early in the Tennessee game. We'll know exactly what cleats to be wearing while they have to learn on the fly. Would love to see Adams toast Ramsey right out of the gate due to superior footing and that sets the tone for the game.

Will be interested to see how we use Linsley. Do we make adjustments for Donald, or stick to what we do? Does Linsley focus entirely on the side of the line Donald is on and leave the other guard 1-1? I would probably go that route.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Pros and cons for each. Goff can't move and has the bad thumb. Wolford could hurt us on the ground a little more, but he's still a guy who has barely played any NFL football, playing in a huge playoff game. 

I'd take Wolford. 

It's really favorable for GB either way which is all that matters. There's really no excuse for the defense not to play well this weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, deltarich87 said:

It's really favorable for GB either way which is all that matters. There's really no excuse for the defense not to play well this weekend.

And aggressive. They should literally be daring the Rams to try to throw the ball 20+ yards downfield. Scheme to stop the run and don't give them anything underneath. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how reliable this info source is, so take it for what it's worth......

Inside Injuries -   Scans confirmed that Aaron Donald suffered fractured rib cartilage on Saturday. This is a very painful injury to play through, but he will try to play against the Packers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Adams is going to be UP for this game. The WR vs DB matchups will be fun on both sides. Both teams match-up well against each other there:

Ramsey vs Adams

Williams/Hill vs Lazard/MVS

Cupp vs King

Woods vs Alexander

Honestly, I think I might lean our way on these matchups even BEFORE considering the associated QB play.

Rams vs "good" QBs this year: Josh Allen put up 35, Russell Wilson put up 16 and 20 (x2), Brady put up 24, Kyler Murray put up 28. 

I think 25 points wins this one, and I think our offense is up to that task: GB - 30, LAR - 24 (late score makes it closer than game was, we execute a covered onside kick to ice it)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Adams vs Ramsey is going to be awesome. Obviously each fan base is going to be 100% confident in their guy, as they should be. 

We should be doing as poor of a job maintaining the field this week as possible ha. The Rams have had 0 cold games this year. We saw the advantage it gave us early in the Tennessee game. We'll know exactly what cleats to be wearing while they have to learn on the fly. Would love to see Adams toast Ramsey right out of the gate due to superior footing and that sets the tone for the game.

Will be interested to see how we use Linsley. Do we make adjustments for Donald, or stick to what we do? Does Linsley focus entirely on the side of the line Donald is on and leave the other guard 1-1? I would probably go that route.

Will Ramsey be following Adams all game? If so, I wonder how much will LaFleur scheme Adams to get open and to get a different CB to guard Adams.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Adams is going to be UP for this game. The WR vs DB matchups will be fun on both sides. Both teams match-up well against each other there:

Ramsey vs Adams

Williams/Hill vs Lazard/MVS

Cupp vs King

Woods vs Alexander

Honestly, I think I might lean our way on these matchups even BEFORE considering the associated QB play.

Rams vs "good" QBs this year: Josh Allen put up 35, Russell Wilson put up 16 and 20 (x2), Brady put up 24, Kyler Murray put up 28. 

I think 25 points wins this one, and I think our offense is up to that task: GB - 30, LAR - 24 (late score makes it closer than game was, we execute a covered onside kick to ice it)

The score that immediately jumped into my head was 24-13. There is no reason whatsoever the Rams should score 20 points on us at Lambeau. Seattle just held them to 9 points a few weeks ago. Their offense sucked again against Arizona in Week 17. Better effort against Seattle the second time but that was largely defense-driven as well. 

We just shut down a Titans offense that is A LOT better than the Rams' offense. Defense needs to come up big on Saturday. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...