NFC Divizional Round: Rams at Packers

packfanfb

^^^ This is the right move because it gives us a solid option behind both Turner at LT and Patrick at RG should either of them struggle against this Rams DL. If Patrick struggles/goes down, you can slide Turner back inside and put Veldheer at LT versus going with the rookie Runyan. Conversely, if Turner/Wagner get banged up, you have a true OT option with a ton of experience. This was a no-brainer. 

6 hours ago, dwaye50327 said:

Yep, I can only image it'll be harder for Donald to breath with the rib injury, throw in the cold making it even harder, Donald could be a non factor, which would be huge, not depending on it though, the dude is an animal, I still expect him to get at least 2 sacks.

Ive done the broken ribs thing, not the torn cartiledge thing.  In the cold, the pain is quite extraordinary, the cold feels like it goes straight to your cracked/broken bone first thing.  but Aaron Donald is also a very tough man so there is that, lol.  

Very happy about Veldheer, awesome insurance policy this late in the game.

Edited by HeresAGuy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Ive done the broken ribs thing, not the torn cartiledge thing.  In the cold, the pain is quite extraordinary, the cold feels like it goes straight to your cracked/broken bone first thing.  but Aaron Donald is also a very tough man so there is that, lol.  

You are correct, broken ribs are a ***** and hurt like hell.  Can't image cartilage damage would be any better.  In just a week that won't heal much, it very well could affect his performance especially when it's 20 degrees out.   

Edited by coachbuns

1 hour ago, HeresAGuy said:

But is it going to be THAT cold?. Hopefully so..

I'd love to see Pettine have the stones to play some Cover 0 at times against Goff. Flores ran it some with Miami against Goff earlier this year and they ate him up. Flores and Belichick did it to him with NE in the SB as well. 

Goff panics at the first sign of any pressure in his face. Dare him all game to have to make quick decisions. Trust your guys on the outside to man up. 

53 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

But is it going to be THAT cold?. Hopefully so..

Im seeing 20 degrees game time, thats plenty cold enough to exacerbate the pain of an injury that makes it hurt to laugh, cough, sneeze, stretch your arm/back, etc.  Thats another thing, its gonna affect his radial mobility.  Hes not going to be able to make some of the moves as freely as he otherwise would.  

But again, football players are tough SOBs.  I absolutely didnt respect the broken rib thing enough when I Donovan McNabb went through it.  I broke mine like, two weeks after he got his.  Any time I hear a player in any sport playing through broken ribs I immediately think that is a friggin tough SOB.  You cannot move the way you want to at all.  God forbid even getting hit in that area again.

a few classily placed covert jabs by an offensive lineman will give a very quick reminder that itll be a long day.

Edited by HeresAGuy

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd love to see Pettine have the stones to play some Cover 0 at times against Goff. Flores ran it some with Miami against Goff earlier this year and they ate him up. Flores and Belichick did it to him with NE in the SB as well. 

Goff panics at the first sign of any pressure in his face. Dare him all game to have to make quick decisions. Trust your guys on the outside to man up. 

I mean Pettine used the 6 man front Bill did on the rams in the Super Bowl on SF this year.

Id imagine Pettine will do that Saturday on Mcvay.