Will Tomlin start to feel any heat after playoff loss?

Uncle Buck

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Wasnt one of his big critiques (fair or not) just a few years ago that he couldn’t “get ahold” of the boisterous personalities of Brown/Bell/etc.

This year it seems like every week Ebron/JuJu/Claypool were mouthing off on twitter or doing something dumb on social media to give the other team bulletin board material. 

Feels like it’s a repeating trend...obv he can’t physically control what players say but you think he’d be done with allowing this kind of thing - at least after losses lol

I'll give Claypool a pass because he is a rookie.  Let's just hope he learned a valuable lesson. 

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Wasnt one of his big critiques (fair or not) just a few years ago that he couldn’t “get ahold” of the boisterous personalities of Brown/Bell/etc.

This year it seems like every week Ebron/JuJu/Claypool were mouthing off on twitter or doing something dumb on social media to give the other team bulletin board material. 

Feels like it’s a repeating trend...obv he can’t physically control what players say but you think he’d be done with allowing this kind of thing - at least after losses lol

Steelers wide receivers singlehandedly motivating the Browns to victory. Let's do Ebron next. He can make a comment about how we're gonna drop passes

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

You're not wrong on anything really.

What Pittsburgh needs to do is cut Ben, Haden, Pouncey, and Ebron. Which would save them like ~$45 mil in space

Package some picks to get one of the better QBs (not top 5 pick, but like 10-18 range, ala the way the Texans or Chiefs moved up in 2017)

Extend Watt and DeCastro.. maybe resign Dupree, let Juju go and use the saved cap space to sign a true #1.. Like a Godwin or a Robinson

They have decent youth, but they are one of these teams that are just buried by their vets.. If they make moves like that they probably are a 6 win team in that division in 2021, but at least they go into the following offseason with some cap space

Because right now they are a mess

I don't think you're understanding how this thread is supposed to work.

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'll give Claypool a pass because he is a rookie.  Let's just hope he learned a valuable lesson. 

Fair about Claypool but I mean what about....

JuJU saying "The browns are still the same old browns" this week leading up to the game in a public interview

The whole TIkTok thing that clearly motivated other teams

Ebron constantly tweeting garbage like "NFL better roll out the red carpet for us when we go to the super bowl cause they're screwing us with this Covid stuff"

Seemed to be a theme this year. Idk. Tomlin gets this reputation as a "no nonsense" guy but this isn't the first time this has happened in his tenure and you'd think he would've nipped this in the bud with his experiences. 

Edited by Ray Reed

Just now, Tk3 said:

ehh.. I was responding to the guys thread that he posted here

You're supposed to be piling on talking about how all how is lost, time to rebuild, cap hell, all the talent is about to retire. We don't get to fetishize firing a 12-4 HC of a conference opponent often. Work with me here.

12 minutes ago, 43M said:

🙄

Here are my thoughts on the matter....

You're a little rough on Roethlisberger, but I get it.  Very solid take overall.

Tomlin's been the same forever.  A good leader, in the sense that he is respected and usually organized, but he's always left some to be desired as a game day coach, imo.  The difference between winning and losing is just too narrow to keep making these mistakes.  In the past, you wouldn't consider his errors to be as egregious since lots of other coaches were making them too.  But now that many teams have embraced analytics into their game day decisions, his errors are now sticking out.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

You're supposed to be piling on talking about how all how is lost, time to rebuild, cap hell, all the talent is about to retire. We don't get to fetishize firing a 12-4 HC of a conference opponent often. Work with me here.

I'd rather take a dump on Ben than a dump on Tomlin, tbh

Ben is the freaking worst

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Considering the track record Steelers players have doing this type of stuff, I would have to think they are being enabled by their coach. I think Tomlin really instills that level of confidence/cocky arrogance in all of his players. You know the whole 'teams take on the personality of their coach' thing? Yeah.

ALSO. Inback-to-back weeks Ohio football teams have had 1) Dabo throwing shade at OSU by saying they were 11th, then the Buckeyes smoked Clemson. 2) Juju saying the Browns are the Browns, then they got smoked.

Lets all hope that Nick Saban and Travis Kelce mouth off a little bit.