Jets hire HC Robert Saleh

Bianconero

Texans have a real issue at the top and it's been like that for a while. The Johnson's haven't been great, but we never had someone refer to the players as "inmates." They have a franchise QB, but they stripped all the talent around him and ignoring him. Andre Johnson never said much when playing, but even he had to jump in on this situation. I hope he is able to force his way out even if he has to jump on social media. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I am just going by what I have read. The claim is that Watson is upset that they did not consult with him prior to the GM hire and he he believes the Texans are not active enough in social issues.

If true, he is fast becoming a problem. He is paid handsomely to play football. He does not have to be consulted on anything. If his social issues stances are bleeding into the locker room causing a distraction then that too is a problem.

Unless he comes out and states otherwise, I am inclined to believe those stories and I am not sure why anyone would think differently.

Sports stars have the platform and opportunity to make a huge difference outside their prospective sports. I for one think as long as their voice directs positivity or help for others we should encourage them and not tell them to ‘stick to football’.

Over here in the UK we have a English and Manchester United superstar named Marcus Rashford. He’s only 23 but after the government denied all school meals to the vulnerable children due to the first covid lockdown he set up a nationwide campaign that’s led to the decision changed and significantly more being done to help vulnerable children around the UK. Oh and he’s being honoured by the Queen later in the year and getting an MBE.

Sorry to derail the thread but social issues and helping others should be applauded not a reason not to trade for Deshaun. To me it’s more of a reason to trade for him. Shows leadership and character. Two things we sorely lack.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

Sports stars have the platform and opportunity to make a huge difference outside their prospective sports. I for one think as long as their voice directs positivity or help for others we should encourage them and not tell them to ‘stick to football’.

Over here in the UK we have a English and Manchester United superstar named Marcus Rashford. He’s only 23 but after the government denied all school meals to the vulnerable children due to the first covid lockdown he set up a nationwide campaign that’s led to the decision changed and significantly more being done to help vulnerable children around the UK. Oh and he’s being honoured by the Queen later in the year and getting an MBE.

Sorry to derail the thread but social issues and helping others should be applauded not a reason not to trade for Deshaun. To me it’s more of a reason to trade for him. Shows leadership and character. Two things we sorely lack.  

My concern is with his desire to be consulted on FO moves and if he will become a distraction like JA became a distraction. A distraction is a distraction regardless of reason. Nothing more.

51 minutes ago, xrade said:

My concern is with his desire to be consulted on FO moves and if he will become a distraction like JA became a distraction. A distraction is a distraction regardless of reason. Nothing more.

I definitely understand your concern but it’s completely different from the JA situation.

From the sources around the league after the compete **** show over the last 18 months in Houston the owners reached out to Deshaun to make him part of the think tank for new GM/HC. 

Instead they hired another ex patriots guy with no discussion with Deshaun after telling him he’d be part of the process. 

You can then see why he feels disrespected. Hopefully we can somehow get him in green!! 🤞🏻

58 minutes ago, xrade said:

The issue isn't his desire, they literally told him they want him to be part of the process and then proceeded to listen to the one guy the entire organization hates lol. 

40 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The issue isn't his desire, they literally told him they want him to be part of the process and then proceeded to listen to the one guy the entire organization hates lol. 

I guess I am just old school. Workers work and get paid. Unless it is in their job description, they do not need to be consulted on senior management hires and fires. I wonder why they felt the need to tell Watson he would be consulted. I just don’t agree with the whole ordeal.

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

I guess I am just old school. Workers work and get paid. Unless it is in their job description, they do not need to be consulted on senior management hires and fires. I wonder why they felt the need to tell Watson he would be consulted. I just don’t agree with the whole ordeal.

Blame the Texans for telling him he would have a role in the process. You gotta understand the timeline. 

-They trade his best target

-Easterby begins getting more say

-The fire BOB because his way(Patriots way) wasn't working

-They have the 3rd worst record in the league while he has one of the best seasons ever by a QB

-They tell him that he will part of the process in bringing in leadership to help turn it around. 

-Easterby then hires his own guy and Watson is blindsided

-This guy is from the exact organization that BOB was from.

-They refuse to even interview two guys Watson had hoped they would(Bieniemy and Saleh tho they finally requested Bieniemy)

You gotta remember how much of an impact Watson's play has on the organization and how much impact the organization has on Watson's play/success. There has to be a trust level and they pretty much threw that out the window. The misconception for you is that Watson is a "worker", thats the same mindset that has him wanting out.

Yea this is on the Texans management. They told Watson he would be involved. Why they would do that, who the hell knows. Actually, the Jets had Sam interview Gase. Good times. Glad that **** show is over.

Watson is a high character player. He will actually move our culture in the right direction.

Edited by SDotNova

Jets notes: Robert Saleh and presumptive OC Mike LaFleur have watched a lot of Sam Darnold tape and they believe he has untapped potential...Hearing former Jags and Bills LB Paul Posluszny is being considered for a staff position — a Saleh favorite from JAX days...No word on DC. Frank Bush, Jets' interim DC, worked with Saleh in HOU, but a reunion doesn't seem likely. It'll be interesting to see if Saleh calls the defensive plays. It's a possibility, I'm told. -RC

I liked Pos as a player, no idea how he is as a coach but bring him along.

I'm still very excited about this hire. I'm excited to see how he puts together a staff.

I feel like this organization may finally head in the right direction.  Super excited about Lafleur as oc. 

I couldn't watch the jets with gase as hc, he was pathetic.

Can't wait for the presser,  definitely won't come in high like gase lol