Jets hire HC Robert Saleh

Bianconero

I was very much on the fence with Saleh. Just watched serval interviews and press conferences he’s done and he sounds the real deal. I just really wanted someone with HC experience (top college coach).

Staley was a guy i was really hoping would come back for another interview as his philosophy sounded culture setting. Saleh also has that aura about him so I have faith we can develop something good here. 

Not a fan in bringing Sam back, I think now is the time to trade him. Still believe he can be a solid qb but I just think he needs a fresh start.

However I’d just love a trade back (we’ve all said that every year) and either Chase or Smith would be great. 

I’m going to trust the process of JD and Saleh moving forward. Seems like we finally have a young dynamic GM/HC duo. 

Edited by xenajets

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

There is no debate. None of these QB will do Jack in the NFL only TLaw

the good news is we won’t waste a pick on these guys and get a solid stater or trade down. Then you add a few FA because players love to play for this guy. 

Oh this has to be saved for a couple of years 😎

• Like 1

Not my 1st choice... but I like him. About time we have a HC that has passion for the game since Rex.

People might disagree with this...

But LaFleur is one who will be the one that changes this team around more so than him, for this all to work. Saleh has no offensive experience. And we are at a huge crossroads here with either bringing in a rookie QB or trying to revive sams career. All while having to fix the worst offense in the league.

Told ya'll the Jets were going to make a hire by Monday.   The Jets aggressively went after their guy to bring some much needed energy and experience coaching to the team.  We'll see what other moves Joe Douglas makes.    Big Decision -->  What to do with Sam Darnold?

I do like that he got to most out of his defense this year with really not a great edge rush and a below average secondary. I think we still need to address edge and cb... but it is nice to know he can make that side of the ball legit without that.

LaFleur on offense has his hands full though.

I think we got the best coach. I love the way he view things. He can fire up a team off his energy alone. He did a lot with less talent on his defense and always had them prepared much as possible.  When I thought about who could I see playing chess against the other coaches in the division, he came to mind. I think we finally got a good GM & HC paired together.  

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think we got the best coach. I love the way he view things. He can fire up a team off his energy alone. He did a lot with less talent on his defense and always had them prepared much as possible.  When I thought about who could I see playing chess against the other coaches in the division, he came to mind. I think we finally got a good GM & HC paired together.  

Most of time, best coach can't bring team to Super Bowl.🤫

Does anyone have some good intel on Mike LaFleur? It was reported a while back that McDaniel would follow Saleh if he landed a HC job so he is who I did more research on.

From what I've read it seems Shanahan relied on McDaniel more for the offensive game plan but I'm not sure. I know LaFleur is the passing game coordinator and Matt LaFleurs brother, but I have no clue how much he was relied on to assist with game plans or his responsibility within the organization. I know he's very intelligent and a highly sought after OC candidate, I'd love to read more about him.  

34 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Does anyone have some good intel on Mike LaFleur? It was reported a while back that McDaniel would follow Saleh if he landed a HC job so he is who I did more research on.

From what I've read it seems Shanahan relied on McDaniel more for the offensive game plan but I'm not sure. I know LaFleur is the passing game coordinator and Matt LaFleurs brother, but I have no clue how much he was relied on to assist with game plans or his responsibility within the organization. I know he's very intelligent and a highly sought after OC candidate, I'd love to read more about him.  

Mike McDaniel following Saleh was idiotic misinformation.   McDaniel become relevant because of successful run game that won a bunch of games and playoff games.  If you want to applaud someone for RB success, it would be Robert Turner Jr., their RB coach.

Matt and Robert are best friends and that has grown into families.  Mike may be up or down coach but his work skill is truly outstanding. It runs in the family.  Matt got Nathanial Hackett to fix run game for Packers so I would expect Mike to copy that. lol.

• Like 1