Greatest trash talkers

sammymvpknight

Within the past two weeks, 1) Matt Nagy sets aside time to instruct his team to not get penalized while Chauncey Gardner-Johnson provokes them, 2) Bears WR Anthony Miller is ejected after pushing Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, 3) Buccanears Head Coach Bruce Ariens sets asie time to instruct his team to not let CGJ provoke them, and then preemptively says that NFL officials need to "control the game" to prevent ejections. Earlier in the season, Denzel Mims was ejected for punching CGJ, and Michael Thomas of the Saints was suspended by the team a game for attacking CGJ.

So it makes me wonder...who are the great trash talkers in NFL history? I think that CGJ may be the perfect storm of a legendary trash talker living in the world of pillow soft millennials. 

CGJ may not be an all-time trash talker, but that's one helluva all-time great season of trash talking lol.  3 ejections in 1 year.   On the flip side, Bears WR's earn the award for "most easily provoked" group in football, at least for single seasons.   How you let CGJ bait WR's into a 2nd ejection in the same season, is beyond ridiculous.    Especially when you factor in that it's pretty hard to hurt someone punching them with helmets still on.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

CGJ may not be an all-time trash talker, but that's one helluva all-time great season of trash talking lol.  3 ejections in 1 year.   On the flip side, Bears WR's earn the award for "most easily provoked" group in football, at least for single seasons.   How you let CGJ bait WR's into a 2nd ejection in the same season, is beyond ridiculous.    Especially when you factor in that it's pretty hard to hurt someone punching them with helmets still on.

He's probably just a POS. I mean he got his own star receiver suspended for it. I'm not sure you can even chalk that up to being a good trash talker.

• Like 2

T.O. has to be one of the biggest.  I'll never forget watching him taunt a Cowboys cornerback as he was running down the field for a touchdown.  The Dallas defender was so upset he was trying to punch T.O. as he ran along trying to tackle him!

Edited by Uncle Buck